Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instructions on coloring your own piece
02-13-2009, 04:13 AM,
Re: Instructions on coloring your own piece
JamesKennedy Wrote:Believe it or not, most hairdressers have no information about hairpieces. I wonder sometimes if they even realize they exist!

I'm amazed at the general lack of awareness that people who work in the "normal" hair business have of hair replacement.

I'm good friends with two girls who are stylists who work at different salons, and then of course I know half of their friends who are stylists. I also own a retail store next to a trendy local salon so i know another half dozen or more of the stylists who work there.

Out of everyone that I have talked to who is in the business, the only one who had any knowledge of pieces was the guy who cut my last full cap in for me, and thats probably because he grew up around the Hollywood hair scene, so he has some experience with it. The rest of them are absolutely clueless.

I suppose that hair replacement is somewhat of an underground thing, but I would think that with a year of hair school they would at least get an overview of modern hair replacement techniques.

I guess that just goes to show that this is still in its infancy.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Instructions on coloring your own piece - JRob - 02-13-2009, 04:13 AM