Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instructions on coloring your own piece
02-12-2009, 09:31 PM,
Re: Instructions on coloring your own piece
I have the hairpiece and my own hair colored the same color. That way they look 100% exactly the same!

I guess I haven't had a very difficult time matching my own hair to the hairpiece color, but sometimes it can be a bit off. Ordering it blonde and coloring it allows me to never have to worry about that issue.

Plus, if you enjoy having blonde highlights or any other fun colors, it can be hard to lift some colors. This way you don't have to worry about having odd colored highlights because the color didn't lift properly.

My knots come bleached, and when you foil the hairpiece, you don't have to worry about the knots getting colored. You just have to be careful you don't "slap" the color on at the root. The best bet is to brush the color on the midshaft and ends of the hair, and then take the brush and "dab" the hair near the root. This way you don't have to worry about going overboard with color application directly at the root and end up coloring the knots.

Also, if you have a tiny tiny bit of the hair at the root not colored, it still gives the illusion of scalp so you don't have to worry about it looking abnormal!

I've gone to numerous salons and none of the hairdressers have ever had a problem working with the hairpiece. In fact, they enjoy it since they can work with "virgin" hair and be creative with the haircut since it has a decent length. However, be prepared to answer 101 questions about hairpieces. Believe it or not, most hairdressers have no information about hairpieces. I wonder sometimes if they even realize they exist!

The salon I work at currently have cut and colored 2 of my systems and did perfect work.

Oh, one other issue. When they wash the color off of your hair, tell them to just rinse the color and shampoo and condition, but don't do any scalp manipulation or massage. This will obviously cause the piece to lift or the hair to tangle. Being gentle during the rinse and cleanse is vital!

You can kind of see the various colors I've pulled off with the attached photo. I've got black, blonde, and red in this piece. Lots of fun and very natural looking in person!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Instructions on coloring your own piece - JamesKennedy - 02-12-2009, 09:31 PM