Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seborrheic eczem
07-12-2013, 07:50 AM,
RE: seborrheic eczem
I had a bout of some type of skin disorder on my scalp quite a few years ago. The symptoms were similar to what I see when I search psoriasis. I would get itchy, dry patches of skin that would form this scab/scale-like stuff. If I'd remove the scabs, it would bleed and weep for awhile. This was a disaster for bonding my unit as some of this was right underneath the bond. I recall having to rebond every day...it was bad. I used some type of Neutrogena Shampoo that helped a little (when the unit was off), and I was resigned to having to go to a dermatologist, but then it just stopped.

I don't know how similar what you have is to what I experienced, but it was very difficult to continue to wear my unit. I would say that if your condition doesn't result in your skin "scaling" or otherwise producing a layer that sloughs off it shouldn't be too terribly bad, but then again if this occurs where you bond (i.e. perimeter of the unit) you could be in for some trouble.

Perhaps it might be best to consult a dermatologist before this gets to be a problem?

Messages In This Thread
seborrheic eczem - Wakkawakka - 07-10-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: seborrheic eczem - Wakkawakka - 07-12-2013, 04:40 AM
RE: seborrheic eczem - Yorkie82 - 07-12-2013, 07:47 AM
RE: seborrheic eczem - Guy in Ohio - 07-12-2013, 07:50 AM