Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
honey in leave in conditioner?
06-23-2013, 05:31 PM,
RE: honey in leave in conditioner?
I don't know if I could get past the smell of vinegar.. That link you posted also mentions that it dries out the hair somewhat.. so I don't know if vinegar would be a good option.

I did some further investigation of ingredients, and another that stood out to me was aloe vera juice.. while not a strong case for conditioning alone, what made it interesting for me was the anti-inflammatory and anti-pruritic (anti-itch) qualities of it.

I for one suffer from a really oily and sensitive scalp, despite changing up tapes and glues I tend to get itchy.. aloe vera juice on lace may improve my situation. The only trouble is that aloe vera juice can spoil if not refrigerated (apparently) so there's that to consider.

I noticed you mentioning avoiding oils as a positive.. I did remember reading something about oils.. maybe that they affect the bond? Is that right?

Because some (cheap) oils are said to be great for hair.. including grapeseed oil and macadamia nut oil. Also the non-cheap oil jojoba oil (which is in the bluemax products, and JRob mentioned) is said to be the closest thing to the natural oils our scalp feeds our hair.

Messages In This Thread
honey in leave in conditioner? - fate - 06-22-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: honey in leave in conditioner? - fate - 06-23-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: honey in leave in conditioner? - fate - 06-24-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: honey in leave in conditioner? - LTB - 07-01-2013, 03:19 AM