Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Question: Getting it right in the first 2 weeks?
02-15-2013, 03:57 AM,
RE: Newbie Question: Getting it right in the first 2 weeks?
If you are looking into getting a custom piece one made from a template of your head), and need it by May, you should get that process going soon. Expect eight weeks from the time your order is placed to receive your piece..and allowing for a extra week or two for delays is good.

Otherwise you could purchase a stock piece and cut it to your recession. Generally these are about 8"x10" in area.

In re to the 2 pieces you already purchased, were they stock or custom (did you make a template of your head)?

If they somewhat fit your receding area, you can make a attempt to see if they are usable. Like Hersute mentioned, right out of the box, it isn't going to look good just lopped on your head. Is the color a good match to your own hair? What about the density(can be hard to tell before cut in).

I would first suggest that you wet it with water and put it on..that can tone down the density some, let some scalp show thru, and not look so scary.. you can play with it a bit.

You could mail your present systems off to have them cut in. There is a lady named Debby, a full service stylist, who does remote cut in. She is listed on some forums. Perhaps she is mentioned in this forum also. I haven't used her services, but many people speak highly of her work. You can send her pics of the style that you would like, and if you need it thinned out etc. Probably a good idea to send her a pic of you also..can block face out if desired so she can get a better idea. She can also adjust the color if need be. I believe she charges $34 for a cut.

This is a inexpensive way of trying to use the pieces you have..so you don't have much to lose.

To try them for the first time to get use to them before shaving your head( I don't know how much hair you have remaining), you may be able to use clips to hold it on to wear at home initially. They will hold it to your own hair. I have never used them so am not really familiar with use of them, but Debby may stock them and could send you some when she returns your units.

Good Luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Question: Getting it right in the first 2 weeks? - wicky - 02-15-2013, 03:57 AM