Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap Base Designs, Your Thoughts
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM,
Re: Full Cap Base Designs, Your Thoughts
For a full cap I would only get a skin base as a backup/quickie attach piece, and I definitely wouldn't get skin until you have a perfect template.

The full cap skin perimeter units I have received have not worked at all. The first problem is the "roots" of the hair in the skin. I think BA said these can be bleached, but none of mine were, even at the hairline. All of my lace pieces are well bleached in the front.

Second issue is attachment.

With the old factory I had ordered one all PSB unit which had a lace transition at the edge at the hairline. The full caps I recently got have a blunt poly edge all the way around. If you do decide to go with PSB perimeter, make SURE you ask John what it will take to have them do the lace transition all the way around because if it isn't there the unit will not only be very detectable to touch, but when you (or even worse someone else) runs their hand across the edge it can actually lift the base, even if you are using glue. The edge is way too abrupt, if that makes sense.

The other thing you need to keep in mind is that your template has to be right on with a skin piece. you can't chop it up like you can lace. For your first full cap this is why it is very important to get all lace. It will probably take some tweaking to get a hairline, temples, and recession level you like, and with lace it's easy to make changes. With poly you're stuck. Once you have a lace piece that you are happy with THEN you can build a template that's on the money.

I would have at least two functional all lace units in place before getting a skin piece.

All of this stuff will be on the Full Cap DVD but it isn't quite finished Sad I think I might have already sent you the rough draft of the eBook version....if not let me know and I will email you a copy.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Full Cap Base Designs, Your Thoughts - JRob - 02-04-2009, 01:18 PM