Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpless Newbie need Advice(s)
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM,
RE: Helpless Newbie need Advice(s)
Hello again jinstar..... it`s a big mistake to treat system hair in a similar manner to what you may normally do with your own hair[ frequent shampooing, maybe using thick styling -waxes etc.]
The main issue is dryness / lack of oils and lubricants. Your hair is not ` dirty` or oily as such, therefore, needs infrequent shampooing... a good daily application of leave-in conditioner will pay you back big-time. Frequent shampooing will lift the colour and lead to an obvious difference with your own hair. I know some guys like things like hairspray... many ` off the shelf` products contain things like certain alcohols which have a drying-effect. I sometimes use a little ` Loreal` Invisifix gel [` strong hold` ] and find it good...tends to brush out easily and is non-flaky....
By all means, mist /dampen your system hair daily...but there`s no need to shampoo it....you can easily shampoo your own side/back hair in the shower daily if you wish, and simply allow the water ` at` your system....it will help freshen-up your scalp [except, of course where the tape/glue is applied to the skin] ...... I tend to clean my system when I have it off the head.... I simply immerse it in tepid water, then lift it out and lather a bit of shampoo onto the lace base and rinse it off again under running-water....... I only apply shampoo directly to the hair once in a while [a few weeks] but then again, I don`t apply many styling-products, so I don`t get product build-up, requiring shampooing -out........but that`s just ` me`.
My preferred leave-in conditioner is ` PPI Enhance` ...got sun-screen in it and is very cheap and a bottle lasts ages........
Are you aware that HairDirect have just last week opened a European distribution centre for products ? Literally everything you could possibly need, including that conditioner I mentioned......sadly for me, their shipping is too expensive to Ireland at nearly 42€ using UPS..... the conditioner is less than 5€ a bottle and then the shipping is totally off the scale !!! Why they can`t /won`t use the normal mail service is beyond me !!!
Check them out anyway...click on the Flag on the homepage and select your area.... I know that certain areas are cheaper to ship to within Europe......

Messages In This Thread
Helpless Newbie need Advice(s) - jinstar - 08-30-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: Helpless Newbie need Advice(s) - Paul In Ireland - 12-12-2012, 09:11 PM