Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the material and style
10-02-2012, 08:54 AM,
Question about the material and style
I'm on the verge of taking the plunge and ordering my first 2 systems, after spending a long time considering other options which did not suit me in the end and then reading the forums semi-religiously so I can know how to properly maintain the hairpiece to look its best.

Basically I have my template done, a list of materials I think I will need (for tape/glue I think I'll be using the proflex tape strips and ORWG, with some other stuff for backup in case that doesn't work out to be as durable as I hoped) and some contact info for reliable stylists/salons where I live because I definately don't feel comfortable doing the attachment/de-bonding myself at first.

I'm still on the fence about the material I want to get for my first peices however. I'm still considering super fine swiss lace because from what I've heard its the most undetectable which is a big priority for me. However, I also read that its not the most enduring system and would have to be replaced sooner (honestly if I get 3-4 good months out of it i'll be happy) and being a student in university while juggling a job I don't think I can afford to spend 300$ on this every 2 months. Also I want finer hair on my hairpiece since my own was naturally very fine even before it started thinning all over. The style I want to achieve does not involve exposing the hairline (something like http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/galle...-bangs.jpg but a little less dense probably) but I wanna be prepared for situations like someone lifting up my bangs/touching my head or a windy day etc. where my hairline can be seen.

Would a swiss lace base be good for this style for my first systems? My main concern is obviously not being exposed but I'm concerned the durability won't hold up to my expectations. I'm thinking about alternating systems every 2 weeks or so to reduce wear and tear. Also, from what i've read many people have problems with glue on their hairpiece seeping into hair/loosening prematurely and running/being a pain in the ass to clean, will I be able to get away with just tape for the perimeters or will it be too apparent and a bad idea to do?

Disclaimer: I'm 21 years old and have been diffusely thinning throughout the top since I was maybe 14/15 and its been bothering me for a very long time. Its very noticeable to me but I still have enough hair to pull off shorter styles or just wear hats when i'm really down about it. After considering other options (im already on fin every other day and will continue to take it b/c I want to hold on to my own hair in the hopeful possibility of better treatments coming out in the future) I think this is my most practical option and I really want to get it right so I can put this misery behind me and enjoy my prime with hair. Sorry if this turned out kinda long I just wanted to put out enough info for people to understand what I'm getting at so I don't make the wrong decision. Any help would be really appreciated Smile

Messages In This Thread
Question about the material and style - AScannerDarkly - 10-02-2012, 08:54 AM