Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Product Help (thanks in advance)
09-17-2012, 04:27 AM,
RE: Need Product Help (thanks in advance)
hmmmm, the great ` imponderable` question ---`` what will work best for me`` in terms of bonding materials....... there`s no definite answer to that I`m afraid.... it`s a matter of trial-and-error and can be costly as many glues only come in relatively large tubs and can be pricey .... a lot of guys find ``Oil-resistant-white-glue`` [ORWG] very good for oily-type scalps and for withstanding an ` active` lifestyle....just Google it for suppliers....remember though that it`s best to source it as ` locally` as possible as it doesn`t travel well by air-freight as the cold temperature damages it........ I notice a lot of guys are having good results with ``Pro flex`` strips [just Google it for suppliers]....seems to be a very strong tape... I have some here but haven`t used them yet as I do a nightly de-bond......we all get different results with various products....your own body make-up , local climatic conditions [humidity etc.] and lifestyle all have a bearing....... I use Walker no-shine tape..... quite strong really and most guys get good hold-times with it.... Supertape is very strong too, but some people find it can cause an irritation after a while, especially if moisture [sweat] gets trapped under it.... for a very active lifestyle, you may have to do a more frequent de/ re-attachment and cleaning of the scalp, in the interests of hygiene.
Be careful if/when bleaching knots....dark hair can be hard to properly-bleach and repeated exposure to bleach, can and does weaken hair and lead to early shedding...... mostly the factory does a good job of bleaching so there really shouldn`t be a need for more.
For removal, you need lace-release to free the system form the bonding material/s,
---allow it ` time` to penetrate and free the lace..that way most residue/s will be on the scalp [easier to clean off] ---use the likes of ` Pure` glue-remover [alcohol] to attack the residues on the scalp and can be also used on the lace if necessary.
For more stubborn residues, you can use a Citrus-based cleaner like ` C-22` or the ones you mentioned ..... always wash citrus ones out of the lace fully, or they will interfere with your new bond.....alcohol-based ones will simply evaporate off, thus avoiding ` heavy` washing.
I find the water-based `` White`` glues easier to work with, but then they may not withstand heavy/profuse sweating as well as the acrylic ones..... again, it`s hard to be specific with you....trial and error at the start, is what most of us have had to do.
I like to apply knot-sealer to my knots, once a new system has ` settled-in` [10-14 days into wearing] as this helps prevent knots becoming undone and hair shedding out..there are `Youtube` videos on how to apply it [sparingly !!] Too much, and it will seep through the lace, onto the hair, and solidify into awful clumps.....could easily ruin a system if it`s applied liberally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Product Help (thanks in advance) - Paul In Ireland - 09-17-2012, 04:27 AM