Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template for a full cap (Pics)
09-17-2012, 03:24 AM,
RE: Template for a full cap
I recently made a new template for a Fullcap, and sent it to John...... I left ` spare` material around ` outside` the black marker-lines... in other words when I was trimming it before removing from my head, I left excess material on it... I still had to add more material to it the following day, due to shrink-up of the template..... like ,I had used an eyebrow pencil ,to mark my scalp-skin, laid down my material [clear film and sellotape] and traced the line onto the template with indelible marker. When I had enough material on it, I then carefully trimmed off a lot of the excess material, ` outside` the black [perimeter] line...... approximately half an inch...... by the following day, when I put it back on my head, it had shrunk quite a bit..... I had to add more sticky tape to enlarge it.......so , the ` moral` is not to send off your template immediately after making it.... let it ` stand` for a few days and make sure it`s providing correct coverage, especially on the ear-flaps. ... a certain amount of shrinkage on a [relatively] smaller topper template is not going to be as noticeable, but a Fullcap is a horse of a different shade entirely ! Other than that, just ` watch` your temple-points, as they can be tricky at times, and depending on your age, a certain amount of ` natural` recession built in to your system can help with the overall look of your system. I`m afraid, there`s little you can do in the meantime while waiting for your system to arrive, but re-grow what you shaved off and maybe use a bit of concealer-product like Nanogen etc., to give a look of thicker hair, than you actually have..this will help ease you into the transition...... you could also order a slightly thinner density [on the crown / top area] especially, thus allowing for more scalp show-through, then increase the density on a subsequent order. Hope that helps.
p.s. --- I`ll see if I have those pics still of my recent Template, so you can see what I mean about the shrinkage, and I`ll post them to this thread.----found them..the outer black line/perimeter is the one I`m going with..you can see the ` inner` one which retracted to where it is now.. you can clearly see the added-material.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Template for a full cap - Paul In Ireland - 09-17-2012, 03:24 AM
RE: Template for a full cap - drew100 - 09-17-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: Template for a full cap (Pics) - JRob - 10-05-2012, 07:43 AM