Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsolicited comments from a girl . .
01-27-2009, 07:16 AM,
Re: Unsolicited comments from a girl . .
Hmm. i never said those who can "use", I said those who wear. And I think the smaller percentage of people choosing this route has more to do with ignorance then a reflection of their personality traits. Many people do not know or realize you can achieve a good look afford ably and can do everything yourself without a huge amount of effort. A lot of people go to salons or HCM, or the other because they see these companies advertised on tv. It has to do with knowledge and advertising. We are just fortunate enough to have woken up and realized that we can get the same or better results for a fraction of the price. Any rational person would rather spend less then more for the same or better quality. For those who do not wear, or choose not to wear hair. Perhaps they are very confident and do not find the need to alter their appearance. Perhaps many of them prefer the look of a shaved head. Perhaps even more of them are just scared to wear. Maybe some do not know much about hair systems and are ignorant to how good they can look. Perhaps some lack the patience and do not want to deal with the maintenance involved. I guess you get the point.

Now I am sure you can draw some superficial traits from some of us who are here, trying to improve our appearance, but in my opinion that is the extent of it. I think you are going too far assuming that buying hairpieces online is a significant gauge to measure personality, which is a wide spectrum of traits. You even went as far as to say people who buy hair online are good looking.

There are many people on this forum who used to look like a bafoon with a very expensive artificial looking hair piece. They came here got educated and perfected their look. Yet if it wasnt for places like this, they probably still would be out there with a rats nest on their head. I think the personality traits are that hair loss effects us negatively and that many of us feel much more confident and more satisfied with life having hair on our heads. We are not the small percentage of best people / personality types who are here. We are simply a percentage of hair wearers who are more educated.

Now one last thing. Sorry for the long post. But probably many of you are wondering or angry why I am even bothering to argue on this post over something POSITIVE said about us. The reason being, is that I see the negative in it. It is putting so much importance and emphasis on wearing a piece. way more then it deserves. I like to think of the hair system i wear as a cosmetic change. Something insignificant like a piece of clothing. Not a big deal. Any gentleman or any asshole can wear a hair system. Just as anyone can wear a piece of clothing. When you start putting so much weight on something that shouldnt be stressed over, U might be able to make false negative observations as well. Why cant some other shrink out there make further observations and say we are all superficial. or that we are all lacking self confidence. Or that many of us are desperate, since many of us have been totally robbed in the past. They can go as far as to say we are phonies since we try to "fool" people. No i dont agree with any of those. But thats what happens when you put a strong significance on something that shouldnt be.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Unsolicited comments from a girl . . - Xeon005 - 01-27-2009, 07:16 AM