Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ever System arrived today, Need Help Please!
12-13-2011, 11:08 AM,
RE: First ever System arrived today, Need Help Please!
Relax. The only concern I`d have is if the colour is way `off`... new systems always look `stark`in many ways -- curl, density and `bounce`..this all settles after a shampoo or two....even after one initial wash, a lot of `excess`colour will come off the hair... if you sent a hair sample for colour-matching, it should be fairly correct and you`ll see this better after an initial wash or two. All systems look totally different to what you have in your mind when you order it.... I have posted on this point before.... there can be quite a shock when you see it for the first time. I always sit the thing on a head-form for a week or so before a cut in and mist it daily with water and brush the hair gently....helps it to `relax`. Knot sealer is only applied after about 10 -14 days or so [EXTREMELY sparingly] There`s no hard and fast rule on it--I`ve always preferred to leave the system `settle in`before applying it, but I have applied it immediately in the past--it didn`t have any adverse effects which were obvious to me..... I`d `relax` on that point anyway..apply it when you feel like it. All systems have bleached knots especially at the front..some wearers express their unhappiness with the level of factory bleaching and prefer `extra`bleaching ....I think the factory goes`easy`with it for fear of weakening the hair too much....excessive bleaching WILL shorten the life-span of a system due to shedding. .... if the knots are not obvious to you, well then, don`t pay any more attention to it/them...there`s no point in `making work`for yourself initially. Yes, the system can be coloured but you should not have to do it, as the system hair, as supplied ,should not be too far `out`.... it`s completely new and has also been sprayed with a silicone to give it shine...after a bit of washing and misting/brushing it will lose that `stark`look and should be good to go...... I think you are getting it cut-in by Diddi? Ask her opinion on it ....she`ll tell you there and then when she sees it, if it`ll `work`..... I`d be surprised if the specs [colour] are so far out as to be unusable ...hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First ever System arrived today, Need Help Please! - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 11:08 AM