Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is lace visible without full head bond?
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM,
RE: Is lace visible without full head bond?
(11-20-2011, 07:53 PM)Hair Scare Wrote: Thanks! You have been very helpful! I'll have to start looking into various products. I imagine it will mostly involve a lot of trial and error. But I'm ok with experimentation. So I ordered my first unit from TL, and I sent in a hair sample, so I'll be sure to let you know how the color and texture match. I was also concerned with the texture because I too have extremely thin hairs (which is great... thin hairs on a thinning head, the double whammy).

I'm really hoping the texture is pretty close, cuz that may be harder to disguise. I've played around with color on my own head, so I'm not too worried about that just yet. Have you posted any pics anywhere? I'm curious how similar our hair is, both in color and texture. Its always good to find someone with a similar situation to work with. I appreciate your help thus far!

No pics of me up anywhere ... I'm still w/ a salon, didn't deem it appropriate to post pics here. Though Im looking to make the switch to DIY, and will make sure to get some before and after pics ... I'm getting a decent result now, but they're gouging me ... I'm doing a lot on my own, and learning, experimenting, while I can still go have it fixed if necessary, which is how I've developed some experience over the last couple years. It's not as hard as they try to make you believe. I really believe I can get a better result for less money w/ DIY, just a little more work. You're starting out the right way.

Even though I've said that texture is my big challenge ... I say this only because color and density are consistently pretty close for me. But if these are off, they would be more of a giveaway than texture. Density and color can be controlled and/or corrected (mostly)... texture just has some unavoidable randomness, which makes sense ... each piece has hair from a variety of sources, a variety of textures, despite all the processing.

Keep us updated on your progress ...

FB

P.S. experiment away, if you dig in this forum, you'll get a feeling of consensus on certain products ... it's worth paying attention to these ... ORWG works for a lot of folks that have little luck w/ glues, WaxWorks is a staple product, citrus solvent, etc. These are all good first tries.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is lace visible without full head bond? - furball - 11-22-2011, 12:16 PM