Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is lace visible without full head bond?
11-19-2011, 04:49 PM,
RE: Is lace visible without full head bond?
(11-19-2011, 12:06 PM)Hair Scare Wrote: From what I've read, I understand that lace dissappears when it is pushed into glue or tape. So if you don't do a full head bond, then is the lace that isn't tacked down going to be visible?

I know most people do full perimiter, but does that mean the lace on top won't be hidden quite as well? Just curious.

Visible? Very unlikely. Visible to who? Maybe (BIG maybe) to someone looking for it. Not hidden quite as well? Yeah, but only slightly.

I, and others, occasionally worry about standing in a line, or being seated with someone directly behind us, staring directly at the back/top of our heads. To get that last few percent of undetectable, some will use a bit of glue at the crown, or other spot where the hair breaks, showing more scalp.

Frankly, I worry more about the blend point than visible lace (and only because the salon I use is inconsistent in matching my hair texture ... hoping and believing John, et al can do better).

A personal anecdote on the subject: I have a friend who is an esthetician, IOW pays attention to cosmetic details. She knows I've done some kind of hair replacement, but not exactly what ... she only knows because I told her (we used to date, and I had no hair on my crown at all, had to come up w/ something, but was vague). She said to me, "Wow, no one would know. I'm sure if I looked really close ..." We were standing in a well lit kitchen (lit from above), and I bent over presenting the top of my head to her from a few feet away. I was wearing a blonde, light density lace piece which shows some scalp. She lightly touched the top of my head, looked closely from about a foot away, and said, "I just see your scalp."

And I really don't think she was just blowing sunshine up my a** either.

No adhesive anywhere except the perimeter, not even the finest lace available, light density piece w/ visible scalp at crown and along slight break down the center.

FWIW ...

FB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is lace visible without full head bond? - furball - 11-19-2011, 04:49 PM