Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom unit help regarding venting
11-19-2011, 06:00 AM,
RE: custom unit help regarding venting
(11-19-2011, 04:53 AM)systemuser Wrote: Thank u Paul. Will contact John.
What would you prefer a freestyle or bodywave?
I know its a personal choice, but just curious what the experienced people prefer.
I think you may have missed the clarification above....`bodywave`is not a `type`--it`s simply the amount of perming done to the hair...freestyle is/refers to the manner in which hairs are tied-in and governs the direction that the hair will lie in ...... I`ve always worn hair which has a `Bodywave` in it [so it`s the lightest perm and therefore has not been as exposed too much to `harsh`chemicals ] The wave `relaxes` after a few washes..not to the point where it`s dead straight , but mine have always just held a nice amount of wave during all their serviceable life. Freestyle systems are popular, as they can be `trained ` more easily into a certain style than if you specify a definite hair-direction such as forward or back from the front ventilation.... if you intend wearing a topper, you have to take into account the direction in which your side hair grows..some people`s grows in a very definite or specific direction in which case it`s probably best to specify a matching -direction on a custom-made piece..if your hair is a little `fly-away ` or can be `trained`/styled into any way you like, well freestyle will be just fine. I`d recommend after about 2 weeks of wear --once any system has `settled-in`--- apply knot-sealer to seal the knots and prevent shedding from knots becoming undone...especially on freestyle as those knots are tied that bit more loosely [ hence the term `Freestyle`] than direction-specific systems.It must be applied VERY thinly indeed or it will seep through the lace and dry into clumps on the hair --avoid that happening at ALL costs--it`s an acrylic liquid which dries to form a thin `film` across the lace base...tutorials available on `Youtube` or on the `Info links for newbies `thread up top provided by Snipe......hope that helps... Paul.
I just saw furball`s reply above now [ I need an optician..lol] he`s put it very well there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: custom unit help regarding venting - Paul In Ireland - 11-19-2011, 06:00 AM