Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice on a fullcap template
10-06-2011, 03:22 AM,
RE: need advice on a fullcap template
Now fate...this is my suggested outline... you`re young so you don`t need to build in much temple -recession, but a little IS needed for a natural look ..one of your pics there looking at the left side of your head is very much a straight line up from the sideburn and then across the front.... a little curvature about half-way up and then a small curve `back` [temple area] before following around at the front will give a nice appearance. Please excuse my shaky line..I`m doing this on a laptop and have no mouse -just that little touch-pad thing so it`s hard to draw steadily..... I`d leave about 1/4 of an inch `gap`above the ear rather than have it resting on the ear itself and I`ve also suggested `stopping`/ending the flap there[ as shown] slightly higher up in front of the ear to allow for a `fall`of hair there.....if you come down too far [exaggerating now] the hair tips would be kind of heading down towards the jaw...JRob has utilised his sideburn hair there very effectively to give a nice `seamless` effect...if you were to come down too far there you`ll totally cover any growing sideburn hair..... as I said earlier, you have pretty good long-ish hair at the nape .... I imagine you intend to wear your system in a similar style ? Your present perimeter-position at the back there is just a bit too low [down below the occipital bone it looks to me] so you`ll end up having to remove a lot of that growing hair and you`ll be attaching to the actual nape-skin which is moving constantly so the bond will be prone to lifting/loosening etc...... you`ll be fine with the long-ish hair if you have your perimeter attached just immediately below that bone and allow the hair to fall down over that bit of your own hair...... I`ve also swept the line from the nape in a more gradual sweep heading towards the ear.... the hair will more than adequately cover that area as you won`t be cutting it very short there as such...... it`s a natural tendency in our effort to `cover up` to make a slightly bigger template than required and also many guys simply order a density which is way too high for the same reason i.e. wanting to cover their baldness....... I hope that helps or at least gives food for thought..... the front/temples/sideburn area will be the most visible to anyone meeting you ...it`s the first part of your appearance that they see so it`s important to get that right...remember, the hair will normally fall slightly `forward`of the perimeter at the sideburn parts so don`t come too far forward `onto`the face.... I stayed about 2 or 3 millimeters `inside`the line of my own side-hair there and I think it`s worked quite well...... cheers for now anyway ... Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
need advice on a fullcap template - fate - 10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
RE: need advice on a fullcap template - Paul In Ireland - 10-06-2011, 03:22 AM