Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heavy diffuse hair loss - will I have to go full cap?
08-25-2011, 05:54 AM,
RE: heavy diffuse hair loss - will I have to go full cap?
(08-25-2011, 02:44 AM)UncleDonald Wrote: The CONTRA sides would be:
- after MASTERING the topper attachment after years, the attachment of a full cap may vary and I'll have to start learning it again. Maybe it's generally more difficult than attaching a topper and one can make more mistakes then? It takes much more time, doesn't it?

I wouldn't say it is more difficult. Takes a little more time to attach but the method I use allows me to get it on straight every time. I always had issues with attaching partial units- either the hairline was a bit off or it didn't line up on the sides and back. With a full cap I attach at the nape first using a strip of tape that is pre-applied to the unit. From that point the hair is "anchored" in place and I simply roll it forward to get it to fall into place.

Quote:- more expensive (but that would still be okay as long as Toplace keeps the current price niveau)

True, but this is counteracted to an extent by the fact that you only have to cut it once. You will save time or money not having to worry about maintenance cuts.

Quote:- complete head covers with a lace base and fake hair, even in the nape, above the sideburn... mmh, what does this actually FEEL like??

I am assuming you are asking what it feels like to you, the person who is wearing it?

To me it feels the same as wearing a partial. The sensation might be a little bit different in the beginning but as with anything you get used to it. The key with a full cap is to use plenty of attachment points so it doesn't slide around on your head. If it moves it can cause irritation and discomfort.

Quote:- There are occasions when it's practical to wear a ponytail (for example when working at machines and so on). Till now, that looked greatly natural because the lower hairline in the nape was fed by my own hair. I'm afraid that when wearing a full cap, a ponytail could expose some edges?

Haven't really had much feedback from men who wear full caps regarding this issue, but I have seen pictures of women wearing an "up do" style with a full cap and it looked excellent. Probably going to be like with the hairline where maintenance is the key. If you wear it this way you will also probably want to specify to the factory that you need the nape area crafted with the same care as the hairline (small, well bleached knots).

Quote:By the way, would it be easy to stay at my habit of wearing 5 days in a row? Or is this different with ful caps?

I am able to get up to a one week attachment with a full cap, and my body breaks down adhesives and tapes FAST. My biggest problem was with irritation. I finally realized that if I used more tape to anchor it down better I could get a couple more days out of my attachments.

Quote:Last but not least, my sci-fi question Wink
I'd like to make the BEST sample of my head shape that's possible. Idea: Ain't there already 3D scanners used for industrial purposes? Wouldn't it be great to 3D-scan one's head (including ears, eyes, everything) store it to a software file and have it reproduced in ANY kind of material? Wouldn't that be the most adequate sample the wig factory could EVER get from your head shape? and stored to a software file, this sample could be reproduced over and over again for later use. What do you think?

That would be pretty cool. Maybe even have a virtual map of your head where you could transpose different hairlines, colors, etc. right on a computer screen, in real time just like a plastic surgeon might do.

Until the day comes where we can buy a 3-D laser scanner for $49.95 a tape template is more than adequate though. And it doesn't have to be absolutely perfect. You don't have to mimic every single minute bump on your head. Just as long as the factory knows the basic shape of your head and the placement of the hairline, temples, nape, etc. you will be fine.

Let us know how it goes!

Messages In This Thread
RE: heavy diffuse hair loss - will I have to go full cap? - JRob - 08-25-2011, 05:54 AM