Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Qs: To piece, or not to piece?
07-30-2011, 02:05 AM,
RE: Newbie Qs: To piece, or not to piece?
(07-30-2011, 01:12 AM)allegorymax Wrote: #1.) Is there any way to try a hairpiece without shaving my existing hair? In hairpiece terms, my remaining natural hair is about 35% density, about 3 inches in length.
You might be able to get a feel for what it will be like that way, but you probably won't get the full effect of how it's going to be until you shave and cut/blend the piece and break it in and wear it.
(07-30-2011, 01:12 AM)allegorymax Wrote: #2.) Anyone have any idea on how badly a hairpiece effects existing hair?
There's no way that constant tapes and glues are that good for the remaining hair over time... but you should be fine for a relatively short time.
(07-30-2011, 01:12 AM)allegorymax Wrote: #4.) I know there are a lot of different opinions on this, but how much could I expect to get away with before others noticed I was wearing a piece? I'm guessing girlfriends are going to figure it out(?). How about workmates I work with under fluoro lights 8 hours/day? Seeing as I have a fair bit of existing hair (and they only ever see it with concealers), what are my chances of going unspotted?
As long as your design, density, and cut are good- and you're careful and do your maintenance, it's definitely possible to be unspotted by most casual friends, casual dates, and coworkers. More serious girlfriends will know because you should probably tell them (though this is USUALLY not as big of a deal as some guys fear).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Qs: To piece, or not to piece? - Tapehead - 07-30-2011, 02:05 AM