Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard to find details on full caps
05-06-2011, 12:43 PM,
RE: Hard to find details on full caps
I've been wearing full caps now for at least 6 years, and I am well pleased. The only problem with them is in the hottest days of summer when they can be uncomfortable to wear. The head definitely perspires more as the lace even holds in the heat somewhat. I use a skin perimeter on a lace base. I much prefer the skin for attactment with either tape or glue. I wear about a 2-3 inch length which conceals the hairline and sides quite well. My girlfriend of almost 4 years still does not know I wear a unit. She still thinks it is my real hair, and she's felt it numerous times. I only have to shave my own remaining hair every 2 weeks. I've never found a glue I am 100% happy with, but in winter/cooler months I can get away with I-Glue then vapon no tape glue during summer, but it only holds for a max of 2 days. The toulene based waterproof medical grade glue has to be used for extended wear or swimming in hot weather. I've been wearing 70% density and freestyle. My biggest fear is having to reduce the density as I'm aging and 70% is too thick for my age. I've tried 60% and the front hairline base thinskin shows through...so not wearable except with a hat which means I'll have to go with a lace front and all the cleaning/maintenance that goes with it uuugh!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hard to find details on full caps - ftwguy - 05-06-2011, 12:43 PM