Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about maintenance
12-25-2008, 07:38 PM,
Re: Question about maintenance
Hi Jonesy,

I just posted something in a differnt reply so I hope I dont repeat too much. But, I understand your hesitation. In fact, every single person here does. At one point, we were all in this spot. As a "newbie" I can tell you to just take the plunge. As scary as it is, but if you dont do it and just keep thinking about it, you'll go insane. Haha. I did the same thing and finally ordered, got the unit I needed and went to a stylist that deals with hair replacement. I was one of the rare cases where it didnt work for me, so worst case senario, I had to buzz the rest of my hair off! YEAH, IT SUCKED DOING THAT!! haha. BUt i had no choice, I couldnt get the units to work for me. Just because I felt, it didnt look right. Couldnt get the attachment right due to bunching up, and it was too much density.

So, here is my best advice, so you get it right and dont have to shave your head...MAKE A TEMPLATE AND GET A CUSTOM!!! I ordered stock units because they get here in a few days and you save a few bucks. Unless you have experience, dont do this! Haha.

I learned quickly how to thin it out, but order a custom and get the right density so you dont have to go through the hassle. Remember...DONT ORDER TOO HIGH OF A DENSITY!!! look at your side hair and make the best guess you can, be true to yourself with it. Dont over do it. Too thick, doesnt look right and it will freak you out!

If you want to expose a hairline, go with SFS!!! French, for most guys, NO GOOD!! haha. If your careful with SFS, its ok, not as delicate as some make it out to be. Its great for a hairline though.

Lastly, attachment...I used WALKER NO SHINE around the perimiter. I had the contoured pieces, just cut them in half, and laid them around the edge. Easy. Done. The hairline was different story. I used ULTRA HOLD. When I come back here, I sure as hell wont use it again, haha. Just messy stuff. Try to find glue that has an applicator on the bottle so you can apply right where you need it.

Its all I got for now, sorry it was a long post. Good luck. Ill be back here soon and give it another shot, dont get discouraged.

Messages In This Thread
Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Rod - 12-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Bangless - 12-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Re: Question about maintenance - Rod - 12-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Re: Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Patrick128 - 12-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Re: Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-26-2008, 01:18 AM