Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about maintenance
12-25-2008, 01:44 AM,
Re: Question about maintenance
Quote:Jonesy, I just want to say that I know exactly where you're coming from. You're quietly agonizing about losing your hair and are agonizing just as much that even with all the positive testimonials provided here wearing hair isn't going to cut it either -- it either won't look real or it's not worth all the maintenance.

Well, I haven't given up yet... still have hope it might work.

People tell me to just do it and things should turn alright, maybe, but once I shave the top of my head it's over, I'm 100% commited to the wig, and I want to know what is the worst case scenario I should expect. Getting myself ready to anything less than the "worst case scenario" is irresponsible, imo.

There is one gamble I already *must* take, which is not knowing how my scalp will handle the glues/tapes. If I get bad irritations that's the end of it. I really want this to be the only gamble I take.

From everything I've read up to now, considering that I have an oily scalp, and I live an active lifesyle (sport almost everyday), and I like it to look undetectable, I need to acknowledge the following possibilities:

1. The wig will not last for more than 1 month (the reason is, I will want to have a full SFS wig, sleep with it, and shower everyday with shampoo), hence I'm going to pay ~300-400 USD each month.

2. I will have to attach/re-attach every single day (again, worst case scenario, I have no idea what my scalp's chemistry is going to give me, and I already know it's very oily). Considering this is Full SFS, I think it means spending ~30 minutes on the wig every day, once I'm good enough.

Considering this is a possible example for a worst case scenario, I really need to think if I can handle it. I think I can live with spending 30 minutes a day on hair. I'm not sure I can live with the financial burden. It's not that I can't spend this money each month, I can, I just don't feel comfortable... It's funny, I always used to laugh about those girls who spend a lot of money on clothes every month just to be pretty all the time, it seems I'm turning into one.

Messages In This Thread
Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Rod - 12-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Bangless - 12-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Re: Question about maintenance - Rod - 12-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Re: Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Re: Question about maintenance - Jonesy123 - 12-26-2008, 01:18 AM