Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey guys... just one quick question
12-09-2010, 01:19 AM,
RE: hey guys... just one quick question
good attitude younggun.

i've started with a skin base myself, and when i discovered about lace bases, and read this forum, i thought damn it seems like hard work. but i gave it a shot and I would never go back to skin systems any more.

thing is, yes, you might get the influence from the forum that there is a whole lot of thing to it (for maintenance etc) but in reality, all this detail and information provided on this forum is here for 'perfectionism'. you will see that with lace bases, there are a little bit of tweaks that you can do to make it look even better (for example, smudging the glue for less shine, etc. etc.). With skin systems, you put it on and end of story. Skin systems allow you to have a 'perfect' attachment if you wish, with more dedication and caution. but it's totally up to you really.

i'll be honest, i don't like skin systems. i live in a very hot country, and skin systems make you sweat. sometimes, after a football match, i used to get it off just to massage my scalp and feel sooo relieved in doing so. i don't think that's too healthy, and considering that i only kept the system on for 4 days at a time and applied deodorant before attachments.

lace systems are definitely not as hard as you might think they are, plus they offer much more. what you will notice right after trying one on is:

1. even in your hands, it does not look like a wig
2. on your head, so light you will occassionally touch your hair just to make sure it's still on. when you put your head on the pillow each night, you will not feel it, lace being more flexible.
3. you will take a shower, or go in the sea, and you will feel the water on your scalp. with skin systems, i felt that when water got in my hair, it made my head feel very heavy lol.

I too, like you, want to put it on and forget about it because i have a busy lifestyle.

but think about it, these are my maths:

Case scenario for 1 month:
---------------------------
Skin system
Daily attachments, 10 minutes.
In one month, 10 x 30 days = 300 minutes or 5 hours.
Maintenance 365 times a year (daily)
= more product use, more spending.

Lace system
1 month attachment, 2 hours
Maintenance 12 times a year (1 per month).
= less product use, less spending.

--

Now, don't get me wrong, you can get extended attachment with a skin system, but I would highly discourage it for health and hygiene reasons. And with Lace system, even if I say 2 hours a month, you will probably need to touch up every few days... but it only takes 5 minutes max. and only to make it look PERFECT; you can go without touching up if your hair will not be exposing the hairline.

Each to their own, everyone will find what works best for them. Having tried them both, I know what I won't go back to skin. I had written my first post (very very very detailed) about the pros and cons of Lace vs Skin systems so you might want to read that.

As for density, my current density is 65%. It's quite high if you ask me. If you are starting out, and have visible thinning hair, I would be more inclined to go for 40% density. My mistake was to go for a 70% and I left people wondering how on earth did I get so much volume. And I wasn't badly thinning before I started wearing.

Good luck younggun, you have the right attitude, you just need to figure out what's gonna work best for you now. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: hey guys... just one quick question - mrjoejohn - 12-09-2010, 01:19 AM