Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uk list of cutting in stylists?
09-08-2010, 07:46 AM,
RE: uk list of cutting in stylists?
I can understand how you`d be confused. Remember, you`re the boss --it`s your choice on what to order ---she`s the stylist. I certainly disagree that SFS is a has-been material. It`s really down to the fact that ANY base material will have it`s advantages/ disadvantages, and it`s a matter of deciding on which one is easiest for yourself to work with --it`s you`ll be wearing it, not her. I reckon the suggestion of getting grey would be very advisable in your case. As to glue seeping through the lace and onto the hair -- I suppose that may be possible if the system is left on for a prolonged period and the glue begins to break down due to heat /perspiration etc. [ I used to get it `weeping`down onto my own hair at the back when wearing all -poly bases, after 3 weeks of a bond in hot weather -- yuk! ] To avoid that, just keep ``an eye``on it, and do a regular de-bond. As you saw, I have already covered the merits and de -merits of all -poly systems in the ``Videos from Norway`` thread....... lace is excellent for allowing your scalp to breath and stay healthy while wearing.You could also consider a system similar to mine [ bearing in mind that you will only be needing about half as much coverage as I do] but you could consider a poly perimeter for ease of cleaning and attachment, and you still have the lace front hairline. I like the poly as, no matter what you chose to bond it to your scalp with, it sticks without any issues and is just so easy to clean. Mine is 1 inch width but you can order half or three -quarter inch width ---I was really pleased with how thin this perimeter is compared to the all -poly systems I have worn before --- I can assure you, if you do a full -perimeter bond, the poly is just as undetectable to the touch [in my view ] as an all -lace system. What I especially like about the poly is that I can position the system correctly, then just fold up the back part and put the glue onto the poly --- after a few minutes, I just sit it down again and bingo --it`s adhered to the skin and no excess onto my own hair --or in the case of an all - lace system, if you put the glue onto the scalp first, then you put the system down onto the glue, if you`re not pretty accurate, you can have some of the system hair stuck to the glue, especially as a new wearer, until you get used to it, and you`re using de-bonder to free the stuck hair..... I just wouldn`t have the time or patience for that. I`m a big fan of the poly perimeter just for the ease of attachments and fast clean -up. The rest of the system being lace, gives a lot of benefits in allowing the skin to breathe and gives great realism at the front hairline. I`d go with her opinion as to the density too --she`d have an eye for that so that`s good. Ultimately, it`s your choice what to order ....she`s jsut styling it for you and at least you have the assurance that she can shave the thin hair and do the attachment for you too. Did she say to shave back to where I advised you some time ago ? i.e. back beyond that dotted line you had on the pic you posted ? There`s no need for confusion really --- it`s just a matter of weighing up the pros and cons of particular materials and deciding on what`s best for your own needs. You said you are going to order 2 systems first --well why not consider and all -lace for one, and a lace/poly perimeter for the other and then you can decide for the following order, down the road, on which was the easier of the two, to work with....... at least you`ll have been able to compare the two. I got a phone call yesterday from a person who was in my area and who I hadn`t seen for over a year [an ex work colleague ] Anyway, they said they were about 20 minutes away by car and was it ok to drop in for a cuppa and a chat ---of course I was pleased and said `` Yeah fine --drop by`` . I was out working in the garden at the time and only had on a baseball cap on top of an old system, which was just perched on my head without any glue/tape. I just came in, popped them off, grabbed my `` good`` system, just put my 3 strips of tape onto the poly, sat it on my head and a few little dabs of glue on the front bit, and I had a light and quick bond done ----- all ready to greet my guest 15 minutes later !! That`s how easy it can be when you`re used to it --- honestly, there is so much `bull` and mystery [mainly put out there by Salons ] attached to wearing, that people considering wearing are really apprehensive about it, especially the thought of `DIY`, when it really is not that tricky at all -- if I can do it, anyone can !!
Cheers, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: uk list of cutting in stylists? - Paul In Ireland - 09-08-2010, 07:46 AM