Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family & Friends
08-24-2010, 03:40 AM,
RE: Family & Friends
Hi Guys. Glad you took the jump, Ruulkasar and you are pleased with the ``new you`` !
Paris -- I would say that wearing hair does indeed pose some issues for wearers, such as you mentioned , which people who have all their own hair do not face--going away from home with friends for a while and trying to do your attachments discreetly. I have been in that situation, and to be honest, once you have been wearing for a while, you will find your own ways of doing things and you will know how often [ or not so often] you will need to detach and re- bond your system. It`s really a matter of your own individual body -chemistry. Personally, my scalp tends to be quite oily, so I need / like to wash my scalp daily and I prefer not to over -wash the system in order to get longer life /wear from it, so I only do a light bond, and a daily re -attach, but I am so used to it now, it only takes a few minutes, not an hour or more. You will know after a little while of wearing, how often or not you will need a clean and re -bond. If travelling, you really don`t need a huge supply of tapes/glues ---- If you can get away without having to really clean your own scalp daily [ if it`s not too oily] you can use a strong tape/ glue for travelling, and just give your head a light rinse in the shower without heavy shampooing. Shampoo can lodge around the perimeter and cause itching , which is why I do my system separately to my head. Another idea would be to have two systems, and you can bring one with you in your bag, ready to go on mid -week during a holiday, and you can carefully wrap the first one up in a plastic bag when you take it off and clean it when you get home --just for speed. It will not take 1 hour in the bathroom once you get used to attaching ------ you will get very fast at it after a little while. You have probably seen the pics of my system on my posts here --- I have been to warm countries like Italy, and you would shower morning and evening -- I just did my normal trick of a little glue on the front lace/hairline, and a few strips of tape on the poly perimeter - - pops off in a few seconds, peel off the tape strips and a bit of remover fluid on the front scalp and i`m ready to go again. A good idea is to transfer a little of the lace -release fluid and the glue remover fluid into small plastic bottles [ less than 100ml ] and ALWAYS carry them in your cabin baggage if flying --just in case you had them in a checked -in bag and your luggage went missing !! Can you imagine being away from home in a foreign place, and no products !!!
Best wishes and hope you `` join the club`` soon !! Paul.

Messages In This Thread
Family & Friends - Mr.Hair - 08-23-2010, 03:21 AM
RE: Family & Friends - Ruulkasar - 08-24-2010, 02:07 AM
RE: Family & Friends - Paris - 08-24-2010, 02:23 AM
RE: Family & Friends - Paul In Ireland - 08-24-2010, 03:40 AM
RE: Family & Friends - Ruulkasar - 08-24-2010, 05:38 AM