Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on Hair system (photos)
01-27-2017, 12:55 PM,
Help on Hair system (photos)
Ok, wondering which hair system would work for me? Mainly the density part confuses me. I'm fairly active so not sure which base is better for that, also would like somewhat undetectable to the touch if possible. What is the difference between freestyle and flatback?Is body wave better than straight or vice versa? Try to post pics in a min.
01-27-2017, 04:53 PM,
RE: Help on Hair system
Hi Justrwood

None of your pics came out, unfortunately. Maybe best to put them on Photobucket and post a link.

If you are physically active then you definitely want a lace base, because it is breathable, unlike skin. If you are very active and sweaty, you might think of ordering your unit with a poly or thinskin rim around the back and sides - it gives a better surface than lace for tape to stick to, and hence increased security that the piece will not slip or come loose.

Freestyle means the hair can be combed in pretty much any direction. Flatback means it has been knotted so that the hair naturally sits in a slicked-back style.

If you are of European stock, even if you think you have straight hair, it probably has a bit of movement in it, and that is what bodywave mimics. I think only people of East Asian extraction have truly straight hair.

I will keep an eye out for your photos.
01-28-2017, 01:41 AM,
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b575...llojcl.jpg
01-28-2017, 04:58 PM,
if you were to keep your hair short i would say go for a light density..which would rule out a stock piece.
although a stylist can thin out the bulk (appearance) by around 10% it doesnt actually change the density. you dont want hair that is to thick on top in relation to your bio hair.best bet send your pics to john...

swiss lace is probably your best bet with sweat and exercise. attached properly if is nearly undetectable to touch...

from the side pics it looks as though you have good temple peaks. but sometimes those side pics are misleading and from the front you may appear to have a wide forehead.
btw nice toys ya got there!!! bikes and fast cars, GREAT combo!

if you wish to post a front facing pic and 3/4 side front pic i can try to do a rough mock up to hepl with a template design... you want your hairline to transition into your bio hair naturally and to straight of a hairline or one without appropriate recession that matches your sides makes it look off or unnatural. the links below should be helpful with what i am talking about...

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5913
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=6244&page=2

not everybody agrees everyone agrees with that above advice. some feel if i am replacing my hair why would i want a receded look to any degree? i always say because you want it to look natural!

hope this helpful
01-28-2017, 08:00 PM,
Yeah, you're very thin, but the good news is that the thinness is even, and you still have your temple points (which is the most important thing of all for getting a hair system to look natural). If you want an even density of hair, you'll need to go for a very low density - maybe 70%. But you could also go for an undercut style which is very fashionable right now, where you keep your nearly shaved sides but have a much heavier density on top. I think you would really suit that.
01-29-2017, 05:00 AM,
(01-28-2017, 04:58 PM)lovehair Wrote: if you were to keep your hair short i would say go for a light density..which would rule out a stock piece.
although a stylist can thin out the bulk (appearance) by around 10% it doesnt actually change the density. you dont want hair that is to thick on top in relation to your bio hair.best bet send your pics to john...

swiss lace is probably your best bet with sweat and exercise. attached properly if is nearly undetectable to touch...

from the side pics it looks as though you have good temple peaks. but sometimes those side pics are misleading and from the front you may appear to have a wide forehead.
btw nice toys ya got there!!! bikes and fast cars, GREAT combo!

if you wish to post a front facing pic and 3/4 side front pic i can try to do a rough mock up to hepl with a template design... you want your hairline to transition into your bio hair naturally and to straight of a hairline or one without appropriate recession that matches your sides makes it look off or unnatural. the links below should be helpful with what i am talking about...

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5913
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=6244&page=2

not everybody agrees everyone agrees with that above advice. some feel if i am replacing my hair why would i want a receded look to any degree? i always say because you want it to look natural!

hope this helpful

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/justgs...slideshow/

Couldn't post pics straight to this forum for some reason. Dont know if you can do anything with the frontal and 3/4 pic from photobucket.
01-31-2017, 05:34 PM,
i havent forgotten you, just been very busy
02-01-2017, 11:31 AM,
(01-31-2017, 05:34 PM)lovehair Wrote: i havent forgotten you, just been very busy

No problem. I had already made a template, but may make another one. Was my first one ever, so need to fine tune it. Do the templates have to be perfect, also is it better to make it a little smaller?
02-01-2017, 01:34 PM,
post some pics with template on...front, 3/4 side etc like i asked before but with template...its much easier for to do than without and i can probably get to it sooner....no it doesnt ned to be perfect. to big is better than to smalll. you can trim to big, to small and thats it
02-03-2017, 01:16 PM,
i did 2 mock ups one with out small corner flaps and one with...i havent had time to do one of the front facing.
in one of the pics you'll see a dotted outline in the hair, pay no mind to that.
if you were to look at hese 2 mock ups it looks as though you could sport a straighter, lower hair line. but when you view your forward facing pics its obvious that would be ill advised IMO. the reason being is that your sides and peaks have receded and are not really visually apparent from the front. with a lower straighter hairline it would look off and accentuates the forehead wideness

Attached Files Image(s)