Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about bleaching knots
05-01-2014, 12:03 PM,
Question about bleaching knots
I just had a stock unit cut in and I'm really liking it. However, the knots look darker and more grid-like than usual. I've attached a pic.

I've never bleached before. Do you think it would make a difference? Any suggestion on what to get and how to use it would be appreciated too.

Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-07-2014, 02:51 PM,
RE: Question about bleaching knots
Hi! What kind of base is that, and what density ?

Im just someone who are struggling with the decision to start wearing or not, so i dont have any information.

Im suprised that gridpattern is to the eye, and this is not in sunlight... , is this normal for hairpieces? :S

No offense Shreeve im not trying to be mean my life is completely ruined by my hairloss for the last 3 years. Im really stuck and dont know how to move on with my life. This is probably the best focused closeup photo i have seen so far. I want to believe in hair replacement to save my life but this is not convincing me.
05-07-2014, 07:36 PM,
Hi Shreeve .. I meant to reply to your thread sooner but I overlooked it ... wish I could get such clear /sharp photos..my camera is pretty rubbish! --- it just will not focus properly within a certain distance.. I have to move it away before it will give me the `green box` to indicate correct focus...soon as I go near, I get the red [incorrect] focus box..really annoying.
Now to your issue.... knot -visibility can be a perennial problem...sometimes there`s no issue at all, other times there is.... I note this is a stock system.... many guys order a custom-made and get blonde hair at the front and then colour it themselves.. I appreciate colouring may be something many newbies would be fearful of doing.... bleaching can weaken the hair [knots] and lead to premature shedding ... the visibility can be more obvious if hair is double-knotted and is a dark colour....also, bleaching may not work because fabric-dye is also used to colour hair when the need arises, so you could try a fabric-dye remover first [ on those knots] and see if that works.....I`ve always found my front knots were always properly bleached and invisible, even in my Topper-wearing days, when I wore custom-made systems ... close-up photos like that tend to amplify such issues...you`re [naturally] very ` conscious` of it [as we all would be] but most casual observers won`t be looking so closely at your hairline. You could try using some styling-product such as Brylcreem --just a little--- to help slick the hair down a little ..it could mask that visibility.... I`m surprised to see it ..usually knots,even on a stock system, are not so obvious.
05-08-2014, 03:50 AM,
I'm on my phone looking at this but when i zoom in looks as though they didn't use single stand single knots at the front. Using singles makes the knots half the size and much less visible.
05-14-2014, 05:05 AM,
Looks like single knots...

They have not been bleached. If they where onbleached double knots, they would be much more visible.
05-17-2014, 06:42 AM,
This is a stock unit. French lace, #2 color. I've never had this issue before from toplace. Shame, because it's a really great unit otherwise.