Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie needing some advice (photos)
03-17-2014, 08:33 AM,
Newbie needing some advice (photos)
My hair has been thinning receding for 14 years now.
I have been getting away with it through styling/nano fibers but decided that's it's getting worse so time to do something about it.
The pictures I have attached are without fibers and swept back purposely to show extend of thinning. Looks much better normally!!

I have been following this forum for a while but still have loads of questions that I would appreciate if anyone could spare the time to answer.

1) I assume a frontal partial would be my best option?

2) is it possible to leave hair attached for 5/6 days at a time before removal?

3) I can get mild psoriasis on my scalp at times. Will a piece make this much worse?
Are there particular bases that are easier on sensitive scalps?

4) can u recommend a base, based on the above info and the fact that I sweat a lot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Another photo

Attached Files Image(s)

03-17-2014, 09:39 AM,
RE: Newbie needing some advice
1) I assume a frontal partial would be my best option?

2) is it possible to leave hair attached for 5/6 days at a time before removal?

3) I can get mild psoriasis on my scalp at times. Will a piece make this much worse?
Are there particular bases that are easier on sensitive scalps?

4) can u recommend a base, based on the above info and the fact that I sweat a lot?
----------------------------------------------------------------
1) yes, a front partial is a good place to start.
There are some people who find its actually easier to wear a system (in terms of blending) over the entire top of the head,
But likewise there are many others that wear just a front partial.
Thing is, you can easily progress to a full topper from a partial if you ever wanted to, but its not so easy the other way around.
2) sounds like a very achievable time for an attachment, but it will all depend upon you finding the right glue or tape to suit your body chemistry & lifestyle.
3) I too get mild psoriasis in my temple hair. Not having attachments over 2 weeks long and using Neutrogena medicated shampoo has meant that mine has never become worse as a result of wearing a system.
You can also use a Scalp Protector which you apply to your skin before gluing.
4) I think you'd do well with a fine Swiss Lace base, probably with around a 60% density and a graduated density hairline.
Because you have pale hair, you'll have no issues with visible knots.
03-18-2014, 07:50 AM,
Thanks hersute for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I have attached a picture of what my hair normally looks like without it
pushed back exposing the thinning.

Looking at the first picture with thinning exposed, where would be the best place to start my template from? I wouldn't like to have to shave any fair if I didn't have to.

Would this look be achievable?
If so what density, type of hair etc would I need to order?

Attached Files Image(s)

03-18-2014, 01:26 PM,
To be honest, it looks to me as if you could just grow your natural hair and achieve that look.
Its VERY hard to tell anything from your pictures.
Because your eyebrows aren't included, I can't really judge your level of recession.

But if it HAS receded and therefore a front partial would be suitable, then I've heard many wearers say that its actually more difficult applying a small or narrow partial (and keeping it attached) than it is replacing a larger area.
So you may be reluctant to shave any hair, but you could also be making life/wearing more difficult for yourself.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-18-2014, 02:46 PM,
Maybe , just maybe by a VERY small margin your hair photo looks a little thinner than the models photo. Not enough to mess with wearing a piece. Change yours up a little and enjoy your hair. Time may come when you need a piece. IMHO it aint now. I would love to have as much hair as you !
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM,
I realise that it's not so bad when styled and using a little nanogen but the op shows the true extent and it's not getting any better.

I am thinking that in a years time or so I will need to start wearing but I would like to have a few trial runs first.

Dies anyone have any experience with front partials that could draw a red dotted line of an appropriate template from my picture in the op?
03-25-2014, 04:01 AM,
RE: Newbie needing some advice (photos)
Monkey8,
I agree with the others--it's too early for a piece. Give it some more time. But you're doing the right thing by being on top of it. It's easier to make the transition when there is only a small area to cover--people don't notice a big difference.
Regards,
John