Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long time lurker, first time poster
10-04-2013, 04:52 AM,
Long time lurker, first time poster
Hi everyone!

I have been wearing hair systems since 2007 and my two most recent systems has been with Cyberhair.

Anyway, i have been buying my Cyberhair systems from a saloon in Sweden, unfortunately according to them the factory that made all the Cybersystems got destroyed some time ago in a natural disaster somewhere in Asia. The reason i bring this up is because I was happy with the synthetic hair that is Cyberhair. It is in many ways better than normal hair and one of the things i liked about it was that it didnt fade in color at all. I find it very durable as well as I wear them for atleast 1.5 year, until the poly starts ripping but the hair still looks nice.

I would like to buy something similiar to cyberhair but I didnt find any information on what kind of hair Toplace is selling. Do you all use indian hair and then dye it continously?

The only problem I had with the cyberhair systems was that the hair around the crown is totally flat, which doesn't look realistic. Have you guys experienced similiar problems with Toplace?
10-08-2013, 05:36 PM,
RE: Long time lurker, first time poster
I've been wearing with Toplace for almost 6 years (wow, that's a long time)...and I have never had problems with the crown looking flat (unless I force it to be flat by wearing a hat or something).

My fiance knows I wear, and she always compliments on the scalp areas (including the crown). She has a rather discerning eye for things, yet she approves of my pieces.
10-09-2013, 09:57 AM,
Thanks for your reply Leamon, nice to hear that you dont have any problems with the crown area =).

How about the actual hair? Do you have synthetic or one of the different versions of human hair?
10-09-2013, 04:25 PM,
Hi Michael, I have real human hair ...I've never used synthetic but I imagine it looks like the piece Bret Michaels wears?
10-11-2013, 11:29 PM,
Hi Michael,
We use 100% real human Remy hair. Synthetic hair looks good when you hold it in your hand. But there's 3 problems with synthetic hair. 1. can't bleach the knots 2. synthetic hair doesn't reflect sunlight light real human hair and 3. if the wind blows your hair the synthetic hair falls differently than the real human hair and you can see the difference. I don't know what you paid for the Cyber hair but I've seen prices of about $2,200 per unit here in the USA. I called a distributor of the product and she said that the cost of a standard topper is approximately $2,200 with a special deal if you order 2 units in 12 months (she didn't give me the cost for 2).
Regards,
John
10-12-2013, 08:35 AM,
Hi again, thank you both for your answers.

The cyberhair i have bought is from a saloon in Sweden and it is indeed expensive. It costs around 1300 dollars. I have seen other synthetic hair and I agree that it looks a bit off. The cyberhair looks great though with the exception of how they made the hair look in the crown area. Another bad thing about my piece is that the hair at the thinner places can stand straight up at times, but that only happens to 2-3 hair strands at a time.

The good thing is that it seems to be very durable as well as the fact that you dont have to dye it which I thought was a major problem with previous pieces. But perhaps I havent been introduced to good dyeing agents.

So my questions to you all here in the forum:

How often on average do you have to dye the hair?
Do you dye it by yourself?
What dyeing agent do you use?
Are you satisfied with the color of the dyeing agent?