Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help with adjustments to my template *pics*
09-28-2013, 05:21 AM,
Please help with adjustments to my template *pics*
Ok, so I'm making a template and I need help with tweaking it. Any suggestions are welcome. I have the hair line brought down to where my natural hairline was. My main concern is where the piece meets my temples. There is a little thinning at my temples and I need to figure out how to join the piece and my temples together. I don't want to wear my hair completely forward and I want the joint to look as natural as possible, of course. Any advice? Thanks guys!

[Image: 5_zps245cadd7.jpg]

[Image: 4_zps3a1dba3f.jpg]

[Image: 3_zpse41b0cca.jpg]

[Image: 2_zps5b517d5d.jpg]

[Image: 1_zpscdde2b37.jpg]
09-28-2013, 12:06 PM,
RE: Please help with adjustments to my template *pics*
somebody can do this better than i did. i hope it serves as a rough idea.
its hard to tell how good your side is, the part covered by the template that is.
but it looks like your going lower than you need to on the sides,
i photo shopped "hair" over the template portions on the sides to replicate what is already there. i also added some shape to your hair line.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-28-2013, 09:06 PM,
Follow Lovehairs suggestion....hairline needs come curvature for realism, not straight across.
09-28-2013, 09:17 PM,
Lovehair is right, you need curvature.
This might help you play around with variations to get it right:

Attached Files Image(s)

09-29-2013, 03:45 AM,
I understand that recession can add realism to the piece but the reason I'm getting the piece is to get rid of as much of the recession as possible. I want my hairline as low as possible and the edited pictures show way too much of a recession for me. In the last edited picture it shows a recession to where my hairline is already receded which would defeat the entire purpose of having a piece. I do appreciate the advice though guys.

I will cut away a bit more of the template and try to create a slightly more arched hairline and raise the sides up.
09-29-2013, 06:57 AM,
Obviously the choice is yours and if you want to go for something that doesn't appear in nature, then thats what you should do.
We're just saying that there are better ways to lower your hairline and get it to blend in with your temple hair than a dead straight line which will widen the appearance of your forehead.

I've done an illustration to show you what your hairline (as per your template) would look like and under it what a difference some modification makes.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-29-2013, 08:17 AM,
Ahhhhhh.... That's much better. Thank you!
09-29-2013, 08:22 AM,
Here is another illustration:

Attached Files Image(s)

09-29-2013, 04:07 PM,
Thank you so much Hersute!!! The last edit does look the best. Here's a slightly edited version of that hairline. This is exactly the look I'm trying to achieve. Do you think this is possible?

Attached Files Image(s)

09-29-2013, 08:25 PM,
I can think of no reason why its not possible.