Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military/LEO Transition (PHOTO)
09-24-2013, 01:54 PM,
RE: Military/LEO Transition (PHOTO)
Why is everyone so concerned with getting busted? You wear hair because you look better with it. I think that we make a much bigger deal of our hair than anyone else does. So what if people find out you wear? If it looks good and is pretty much undetectable than who cares? Girls get fake boobs because they look good and no one gives them crap about them being fake. If a girl thinks different about you because you wear a piece than who wants to be with that type of girl anyway? If she's getting into bed with you then she obviously finds you attractive. What changes if she finds out your hair is a piece? Nothing, because she's still attracted to how you look. And if she isn't then fuck her!

It's like anything else in life, if people know you're cool about it and you don't make a big deal of it then they won't either. You might get a few jabs from your friends but so what? If it's funny then laugh. If their joke is stupid then make fun of them for it.

Getting "caught" wearing is only a big deal if you make it a big deal. People will respond directly to it in whatever way you do. If you act like it's a huge terrible secret then they'll see it as a huge terrible secret. If you really stop caring about it and act like it's no big deal then so will they.
09-24-2013, 02:58 PM,
^THIS.
09-24-2013, 03:12 PM,
Gonna have to disagree with that - I'm not sure where you or who you work around but remaining natural and undetected would totally defeat the point. That's what it's all about

Having a dildo growing out of your head and acting like you don't give a shit isn't going to make it any better for you

Path of least resistance , boobs are acceptable ( they don't come out, they are in there , it's flaunted , they don't have glue and crust on them) . Lets be honest society has not swallowed the pill on systems yet . And I'm sure if they cured baldness tomorrow you would ditched the system for natural , real hair...

If your stuck in this situation be good at the craft , not obvious

Troop
09-24-2013, 04:00 PM,
Trooper - If I couldn't pull off wearing around people without being busted, I would be shaving my head. I can't think of anything worse than going around in a detectable rug and people gossiping behind my back. I agree that the general public is not aware of how good modern men's hair systems are, and it is in all our interests to keep it that way.

I am not saying that my girl suspects nothing. Obviously she gets a much better chance to look at my hair than anyone else, including when I am asleep, and possibly she is aware something is up but doesn't care about the details, or possibly she has privately concluded it must be a hairpiece. I am OK with that. She is obviously chill about it. The point is that the subject is off limits for discussion, she gets no confirmation from me, and she never gets the image of me without hair. I have thought very carefully about the best way to position this, and this is the solution that suits me best.

Jambo and Amstat - if you are happy to be open about wearing, then respect, but it's not for me, and honestly I think you are pretty unusual among male hair-wearers. I'm guessing you are married with a wife who knows about your hairpiece. I have a live-in girlfriend, but I am pretty fresh out of the dating market. I don't think most guys in that situation are telling the world they wear a piece. Frankly it's a big downer when you are trying to make the connection with a girl. Unfortunately the comparison with fake tits is not how girls see it. They may be fake, but they are part of her body, not a glued-on enhancement. After you have made the connection then you can gradually relax the secrecy, but till then discretion is key, for me anyway.
10-01-2013, 07:22 AM,
I never said that we don't want perfectly undetectible hair but if it's only 97% undetectible then that's pretty good. Why stress about it? It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal. People talk about the "stigma" of wearing a hari piece but you know what? That stigma will NEVER change unless we change it. The first thing you need to do to remove a stigma is to stop caring about a stigma. If you don't care about it then no one else will. Be proud of the fact that you found a solution that looks effing fantastic! if you're proud of your hair then people won't think anything of it. If you're embarrased about your hair then people will think that there's a reason for you to be embarrassed. What good is wearing a hair piece when you spend all your time worrying about being busted for your hair piece. Put your piece on, go out in the world and be happy that you look good. Stop worrying about something that may or may not happen. If it happens then it does and if it doesn't then it doesn't. End of story.

We are ego centric creatures. The way that we view ourselves is not how others view us. The only way that anyone would define you by wearing a hair piece is if that's how you define yourself. Look at the guys who post the youtube videos about hair pieces and what not. They put themselves out there for the entire world to see. They're not worried about being busted. They're comfortable with who they are and the fact that they wear. I bet they're a hell of a lot happier and less stressed then people who are worried about being "found out".

Wearing a hair piece is supposed to boost your self confidence, not give you something to conststantly stress about.
10-01-2013, 10:41 PM,
On another forum there is a football coach/teacher who just started wearing. He wears his new hair to school and everyone knows but he doesnt care!! Talk about balls !!! I cant do that yet but he wears "loud and proud !!! ". One day the stigma will change and guys like coach are knocking down the walls.
10-02-2013, 04:47 AM,
Exactly Streak. If everyone who wore hair didn't care that they wore hair and were just happy that they looked good, and people knew how common it was, then there wouldn't be any stigma to it.