Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Shave Or Not To Shave - That is the question
03-06-2012, 03:47 AM,
To Shave Or Not To Shave - That is the question
I have a quandry.

I'm on propoecia and had (I believe) some response in thickening my hair, I'm on propecia because I want to try and keep as much as my hair as I can. I wish I had started a lkong time ago.

Anyway the quandry I have is whether I should shave some of my hair or not.

I still have an island of hair in the middle with a little recession either side, my sides are thick and most of the hair behind my middle bit of hair is thick also.

I manage to get a thick head of hair through concealers and hairspray.

My hair is long (down to my eyebrows).

I know a very small piece where the middle island of hair is would be all I need as I intend to mix it in with existing hair.

But should I wait to see how much more growth I get from propecia?

Does a hairpiece damage the hair underneath - I've read mix reports on this?

Should I just shave and hope the piece doesnt make my hair worse and just let the propecia work on other areas?

I could shave a smaller amount and have a smaller piece?

I could not shave any and use a very thick hairline piece below my existing high hairline.

Theres 100's of different options.

I've often thought well shave it, it will make your life easier and improve my look.

My sister goes and has tonnes more hair in her extensions and doesnt think anything of it.

Thanks for any adive.
(please dont make it an anti propecia thread I'm well aware of possible side effects)>
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM,
RE: To Shave Or Not To Shave - That is the question
Propecia isn't going to be your miracle cure even if it is working a little bit for you. They never really claim to grow back hair, but just to halt it. Sooner or later the benefits of propecia will disappear. It doesn't work forever so most likely you probably will end up losing even more hair. I think the sooner you test the waters with a hair system the better the transition will be at a later date. As long as you detach properly a hair system shouldn't do any damage. There are some people who destroyed their heads years ago using super strong adhesives or clips etc from hair salons.. But its different now. People have worn hair systems on top of transplants waiting for them to grow in. If it was me, Id try a partial hair system.. see how i like it, get used to it etc.. You can always stop wearing it, but if you end up liking it and learning how to use them now, in the future when you really might need one for sure, you will already have a head start and know what you are getting into.
03-06-2012, 09:34 PM,
RE: To Shave Or Not To Shave - That is the question
Cheers Xeon sounds a sensible approach.