Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape advice please
06-04-2011, 07:59 AM,
Tape advice please
Howdy, I was hoping for some good tape advice, I use tape all the way around and dont exactly expose the hairline totally and it works pretty good for me, but I tend to break down tape pretty easy, I've been using blue liner, which by 5-6 days i tend to break down, and cleanup is a wreck, I tried using red liner between the blue lace tape and the sfs, it is definitely an easier clean up, but it feels thick on the edges and it has a super shine to it. Does anyone have any advice of a good strong tape with an easy or easier cleanup than blue lace? I'm trying walker's no shine, its ok, not holding too great for me, and I'm ordering supertape, if anyone has any tape advice, especially from active sweaty people lol it will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
06-04-2011, 09:37 AM,
RE: Tape advice please
Well u could try sunshine no residue tape see how long of a hold you get on that, it is weaker than the others, so u might not be happy with the hold. Another idea is try that duo tack tape. It is supposed to be red liner on one side and blue tape on the other side, They even sell a thin version of the tape that is very thin. I think u should try this since the red/blue tape worked for u but was too thick, this would solve the "thick" problem
06-06-2011, 08:27 AM,
Thanks, I'll check it out, I was a little worried to try the duo tack because I was afraid of one side being like red liner that possibly it wouldnt hold, I will definitely give it a go though.
07-16-2011, 12:12 PM,
(06-07-2011, 10:34 AM)timguyperson Wrote: Stick it tape is the best tape for hold and clean up. I got 7 days hold with no residue left behind. It can be a bit shiny though so its probably only suitable for thick density.

The other option is to just use desolvit for the blue liner clean up. I use blue liner and it cleans up fine with some desolvit and a mirror slide.

Thanks! I'm going to try that, what supplier can I get that thru? I used hairdirect, and the shipping is kinda steep for the supertape. I'm still using it, it doesnt hold as well as the blue liner did for me, but it also is not breaking down as bad as blue liner did, catch 22.
(06-04-2011, 09:37 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: Well u could try sunshine no residue tape see how long of a hold you get on that, it is weaker than the others, so u might not be happy with the hold. Another idea is try that duo tack tape. It is supposed to be red liner on one side and blue tape on the other side, They even sell a thin version of the tape that is very thin. I think u should try this since the red/blue tape worked for u but was too thick, this would solve the "thick" problem

Thanks bud, I'm gonna go thru a couple of these and sample em out, I'll let you know how everything went, from a sweaty summertime viewpoint lol.
07-18-2011, 01:03 AM,
Hi,
For me no tape used to last more than 4 days max. The old ST-30 could be stretched to 7 days max. But, am reall happy with Pro-Flex that is available at Debbies. Even in humid conditions i can pull off 10-12 days comfortably and 2 weeks if i stretch. Clean up is no problem too
07-18-2011, 01:24 AM,
(06-04-2011, 07:59 AM)beersnob76 Wrote: Howdy, I was hoping for some good tape advice, I use tape all the way around and dont exactly expose the hairline totally and it works pretty good for me, but I tend to break down tape pretty easy, I've been using blue liner, which by 5-6 days i tend to break down, and cleanup is a wreck, I tried using red liner between the blue lace tape and the sfs, it is definitely an easier clean up, but it feels thick on the edges and it has a super shine to it. Does anyone have any advice of a good strong tape with an easy or easier cleanup than blue lace? I'm trying walker's no shine, its ok, not holding too great for me, and I'm ordering supertape, if anyone has any tape advice, especially from active sweaty people lol it will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

I use Pro-Flex strips cut in half lengthwise around the poly perimeter and get a 2 week pretty solid hold.
07-19-2011, 11:55 AM,
I think i have a pack of Pro-Flex laying around I only tried once, I'll try anything that might hold longer! Thanks guys!