Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Hair stylists on here? (diagram)
03-29-2011, 12:54 PM,
RE: Any Hair stylists on here? (diagram)
If you can use a 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 only, it will be much easier.

Then just use a blending comb of some type to do the area that would be a 5. Its going to be impossible to get all those lengths to fade on one head. You are better off going with shorter lengths, or else if you want a 5 on top, do 3,4, and 5 on the sides.

Basically, the less guards you have to use, the better fade.
03-29-2011, 02:18 PM,
yeah good point. I never thought of that, using the razor comb, I have one.. I might give it a shot. I didn't think you could use it this way.. but its worth a shot. I will do the 1 , 1.5, 2 and 3 for my next hair cut. Ill just try to hit up the line and dont go too far up than use the comb at the very top. Thanks man.

Do you recommend just starting out with the one and working up. Or do u work down like from the highest guard down etc. I know ur about to put my ass on block haha. Im gonna have to start paying u for a private consultation fee soon. Hopefully other people might get something out of this as well who want to cut their own fades at home.
03-30-2011, 03:23 PM,
I'd say take the 3 from the very bottom and go up as far as you want with the 3.

Then do the 1 low. Then take the 2 and go from the area that is 1 up to midway up to the 3.

Then take the 1.5 and try to blend out the line between the 1 and 2.

If there is a line between the 2 and 3, it may not be that visible. If anything, try to do a rocking motion with the 2, or run the 3 over it again as best you can. Just don't take the 2 up higher into the 3 because you will defeat the purpose.

Then take the razor come and slowly try to blend in the top into the 3 area so that you can get a nice blend that you can blend in with gel.

That's the best advice I can offer for an at home cut in method. I can't guarantee the results because I'm not there watching you do it. But, based on the advice I've given and the knowledge I think you have, you should be able to pull it off just fine!

Good luck sir!
03-31-2011, 05:02 AM,
Thanks a lot for the help James, Your a good guy. I will follow your instructions next time around for sure!