• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TL 700
01-09-2011, 05:22 AM,
TL 700
Hi everyone!
Happy New Year!

I would like to know from anyone that wears or has worn a TL 700
How undetectable is the front?
Compared to french lace and how long did your system last?
I style my hair exposing the front using a comb back style and Im thinking of a thinskin but not sure about detectability.

Your knowledgeable input is most welcome.

Cheers!
01-09-2011, 10:55 AM,
RE: TL 700
(01-09-2011, 05:22 AM)phoenix13 Wrote: Hi everyone!
Happy New Year!

I would like to know from anyone that wears or has worn a TL 700
How undetectable is the front?
Compared to french lace and how long did your system last?
I style my hair exposing the front using a comb back style and Im thinking of a thinskin but not sure about detectability.

Your knowledgeable input is most welcome.

Cheers!

FANTASTIC!!!........... I have worn skins for years! Every so often I give lace a try, and end up back at skin! Soooooooooooo much easier !!!
The 700 might just be the best I have ever had !!
The front on the 700 and for many of my other skins for that matter, but especially the 700 disappears very nicely !!!
Yeah, Yeah..........ya hear they are hot !!! Yeah they are if ya running all day in the humid rain forest.....or shoveling dirt in 100 *, 100 % humidity......but how many do these ????
I have worn skin , working hot flight lines, ( X airline tech ) in Yuma, Arizona, St Louis, Mo., Miami, Florida ( god forsaken place Smile )....Albuquerque, NM ( Gods Country Smile ).all of them hot and humid in the summer.........yeah a little uncomfortable at times...........but so is the rest of the body........ Smile
The nice thing about the very thin 700 skin.........I can get a great, firm, secure attachment with just GTBG !!! And if I had a hot day under that skin.........why hell, just peel it off , shower , spray or spread one or the other GTBG I use.........and ya done in 5 minutes!!! Try that with lace and all the drama that goes with lace !!
johnny/albuquerque
01-09-2011, 11:13 AM,
Nice post Johnny.
How many months of use do you get out of the 700?
And... Any chance of pics to see the hairline?
That would be great.
Cheers!
01-09-2011, 12:01 PM,
(01-09-2011, 11:13 AM)phoenix13 Wrote: Nice post Johnny.
How many months of use do you get out of the 700?
And... Any chance of pics to see the hairline?
That would be great.
Cheers!

PHX.......This is my first 700 unit so don't know longevity.

johnny/abq
01-09-2011, 12:21 PM,
Johnny, how sturdy is the skin in front?
Will it tear or does it warp in any places?
Have you tried any glues apart from g2bg?
If I go the 700 route I willneed to secure it tightly as I play sports.
But sounds great so far... Im getting intetested gor sure.
01-09-2011, 12:45 PM,
Hi Phoenix. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I think I remember you said you are in Japan, right? I have discovered that I am going to be spending a chunk of time in Japan towards the end of this year, and I would be interested to have a chat offline with someone who wears locally.
01-09-2011, 12:47 PM,
(01-09-2011, 12:21 PM)phoenix13 Wrote: Johnny, how sturdy is the skin in front?
Will it tear or does it warp in any places?
Have you tried any glues apart from g2bg?
If I go the 700 route I willneed to secure it tightly as I play sports.
But sounds great so far... Im getting intetested gor sure.

Seems to be pretty sturdy PHX!.......considering it's a very thinskin.
.03 mm I believe ??
The only other type of attachment I did by mistake was tape.
Let me explain "by mistake"........
I wear my old, little thicker skins, for everyday , bang around....
Mostly wear those with Davlyn Adhesive, or just GTBG, and sometimes I put a strip of tape applied to the top of my head , just for a little extra security, like when I go over to see my grand daughter, she likes to pull my hair !! Smile
With out thinking, for some senior reason, Smile.....I applied tape before putting on the 700. Come time to remove I was sweating the removal for fear of tearing the very thin 700.........but it removed OK !
My take on the strength of the 700 base...........I'm not risking any undo rough treatment.........is very thin stuff !
Maybe someone else has more experience and can comment.
Sports.........??? I don't know !! Everyday attachment with a light glue or GTBG , I think the base is fine !! I would stay away from tape.

johnny/albuquerque
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM,
Cheers Johnny!
I would agree that tape would most likely stress the thin material at removal time, anyone tried
Iglue? Perhaps that would hold well and be easier to clean up.
Would only alcohol be recomemded or any other glue solvent for the thinskin?
If anyone knows, your thoughts are welcome.
Thanks!
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM,
I once got TL700 as a stock when BA used to be in Toplace.
It was the most undetectable piece that i ever used but shed like crazy and was unwearable in 3 weeks. I remember John saying that he gets 4-5 months out of this , so maybe he can throw some light. Also, i dont know if the TL700 available today is the same as the stock that was being shipped out in 2009
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM,
I am also interested in the TL700.
Is the hairline of better quality/more undetectable than SFS? I'm talking about showing the entire hairline too, without problem. Is that a characteristic of the TL700?