Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korean stock piece scam- beware
10-09-2010, 04:17 PM,
Korean stock piece scam- beware
Hello,

Ive been a wearer for about a year and a half, im no expert but can successfully wear my hairpiece vomb back style exposing the front undetectably.
I always ordered chinese and the density was always great.
However upon hearing the hype about a new superior korean piece at another site i jumped on the bandwagon because I always yearned for better ventilation.

The promise on the site is stock pieces ready for immediate shipping.
Superior ventilation and awesome piece second to none according to the hype.

So i dropped $255 to have one express shipped overseas to me,
I paid express because i needed one urgently and was promised to have it in 3-5 days.

It took almost 3 weeks to arrive.
I wasnt happy i paid express surcharge for something that took longer than airmail but at least it did arrive.

My chinese piece had lasted 1 year but was falling apart, so i eagerly took the korean piece out and it looked somewhat sparse in density but ok initially
i proceeded to attach then cut it in anyways to see if it looked better wearing.

Thats when the piece started showing all its defects and shortcomings.
Really impossible to hide thick lace.
When the hair was cut to medium length the long front hair that was covering front to back was cut to medium, then at that point the middle and sides of the piece revealed a sparsity of hair only 45-50% coverage.

The piece was supposed to be 65%.

I took it off and saw how terribly sparse the thing really looked- i wad shocked
The piece was the worst looking I had ever seen.

The lace was extremely thick, no chance of it disappearing in any amount of glue and you could easily see the gridlines.

I applied not sealer to make sure shedding wouldnt occur however the piece shed frequently even with it.

So i emailed a certain well known individual about the problem and his response was that he could get me a custom piece for another $175 all up.

2 weeks later i was further distressing due to the increasing shedding and inability to hide the lace even around the sides due to sparseness of hair on the piece.

I had applied a second costing of knot sealer all to no avail.
I was really teed off because the piece was really expensive considering it was stock, it took weeks to arrive even though i paid the extra money to have it fedexed to me.
And it wasnt what i ordered.

I ordered 65% 1b korean

I received a patchy 45-50% piece that was falling apart brand new?
Also the hair had been dyed to 1 b from a sandy brown and along the back the dying was done so poorly that you could see the patches of undyed hair making it look splotchy, something unoticeable until the cutin.

I emailed the fella again and poted pics,
He agreed he he imnediately ship out a sgs 65% replacemt bh airmail.

That was 3 weeks ago, i emailed him again to check where the thing was...
No reply.

Im somewhat traumatised to go out now becsuse i have been busted so many times its no longer fun going out.

I became a wearer to regain confidence and look better.
I now look like bozo the balding clown due to that companys lack of QA and insincere customer service.
I will order from toplace exclusively from now on, i regret not having stuck to toplace and trying out the korean piece from thst new site.
I recomend anyone considering a korean stock piece to forget about it, total waste of money.
Stick with a sure thing, stay with toplace.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-09-2010, 05:12 PM,
RE: Korean stock piece scam- beware
(10-09-2010, 04:17 PM)phoenix13 Wrote: Hello,

Ive been a wearer for about a year and a half, im no expert but can successfully wear my hairpiece vomb back style exposing the front undetectably.
However ipon hearing the hype about a new superior korean piece at another site i jumped on the bandwagon because I always yearned for better ventilation.

So i dropped $255 to have one express shipped ovetseas to me,
I paid express because i needed one urgently and was promised to have it in 3-5 days.

I wasnt happy i paid express surchage for something that took longer yhan airmail but at least it did arrive.

My chinese piece had lasted 1 year but was falling apart, so i eagerly took the korean piece out and it looked somewhat sparse in density but ok initially
i proceeded to attach then cut it in anyways to see if it looked better wearing.

When the hair was cut to medium length the long frony hair that was covering front to back was cut to medium, then at yhat point the middle and sides of yje piece revealed a sparsity of hair only 45-50% coverage.

I took it off and saw how terribly sparse the thing really looked- i wad shocked

The lace was extremely thick, no chance of it disappearing in any amount of glue and you could easily see the gridlines.

I applied not sealer to make sure shedding wouldnt occur however the piece shed frequently even with it.

So i emailed a certain well known individual about the problem and his response was thst he could get me a custom piece for another $175 all up.

2 weeks later i was furyher fistressef due to the increasing shedding and inability to hide the lace even aroynd tje sides due to soarseness of hair on yhe piece.

I was realky teed off because the piece was really expensive considrring it was stock, it took weeks to arrive even tjoygh i paid thr extra money to have it fedexed to me.

I ordered 65% 1b korean

I received a patchy 45-50% piece thst was falling apart brand new?
Also the hair had been dyed to 1 b from a sandy brown and along the back the dying was done so poorly that you could see the patches of undyed hair making it look splotchy, something unoticeable until the cutin.

That was 3 weeks ago, i emailef him again to check where the thing was...
No reply.

Im somewhat traumatised to go out now becsuse i have been busted so many times its no longer fun going out.

I now look like bozo the balding clown due to yhat companys lack of QA and insincere custmer service.
I will order from toplace exclusively from now on, i regret not having stuck to toplace and trying out the korean piece from thst new site.
I recomend anyone considering a korean stock piece to forget about it, total waste of money.

I had a similar experience.. Got a Korean, and my density was not even enough to hide the lace on the edges. That lace can't hide anything under like 80% density. Luckily, I was able to wear it for a week, and just threw it in the trash.. Waste of time, and money. Problem is I had to wait 3 months to get that piece of trash.

IN fact, there were spots were it was like 40% density.. It was so thin that I had to use thickening styling products to try and help it just a little bit. Basically, it was trash, and the base was too thick to make it worth fixing b/c I can't wear a high density piece.

And to boot, the knot bleaching was weird/not good. Hard to explain, but it showed the dreaded knot grid pattern, but was at least a little faint, unlike some pieces.

Oh, and it shed too.. So, I'll NEVER order a Korean piece again, even if the problems have been fixed. I was not impressed about anything.
10-09-2010, 05:26 PM,
It seems like that guy does not check any stock pieces for quality.
He has no standards to ensure the maker preparws pieces that match the order.
Furthermore he is nice in response but never deluvers on his promises.
My replacement piece was never shipped to me.
He just stopped responding after I queried where the replacement was.
Hes happy to have my money but just never delivers what you pay for when it comes to stock.
As fpr custom pieces? Im not sure,Im not sure
But after this experience will never order from thay site again.
Will stick with toplace from now on exclusively.
10-09-2010, 09:54 PM,
bloody shame on them, and as we know wearings not cheap.
cant go better than a user forum aswell, constant user feedback.
enjoy youre toplace system.
i as others on here know the feeling of hairloss, the devistation,
and equually the flipp positive side mind blowing feeling of having hair.
and the wow extatic feeling it can give you. enjoy a better future of wearing , anty Smile
10-10-2010, 01:46 AM,
What the fuck is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(10-09-2010, 04:17 PM)phoenix13 Wrote: Hello,

However upon hearing the hype about a new superior korean piece at another site i jumped on the bandwagon because I always yearned for better ventilation.

So i dropped $255 to have one express shipped overseas to me,

I wasnt happy i paid express surcharge for something that took longer than airmail but at least it did arrive.

When the hair was cut to medium length the long front hair that was covering front to back was cut to medium, then at that point the middle and sides of the piece revealed a sparsity of hair only 45-50% coverage.

So i emailed a certain well known individual about the problem and his response was that he could get me a custom piece for another $175 all up.

2 weeks later i was further distressing due to the increasing shedding and inability to hide the lace even around the sides due to sparseness of hair on the piece.

I was really teed off because the piece was really expensive considering it was stock, it took weeks to arrive even though i paid the extra money to have it fedexed to me.

I ordered 65% 1b korean

I received a patchy 45-50% piece that was falling apart brand new?

That was 3 weeks ago, i emailed him again to check where the thing was...
No reply.

I now look like bozo the balding clown due to that companys lack of QA and insincere customer service.
10-10-2010, 02:18 AM,
A supposed superior to all other pieces
Korean stock.
Trust me i was shocked and depressed when i recrived it
Yet its all i have to wrar until i can afford a new one at the end of the month.
I just started working again therefore funds are so tight.
I tell you it has totally ruined my confidence and ability to go out even to work
I standing most of the day coz if I sit
I get busted.
The baldness of this new piece and easy to see grid pattern is a shocker.
What hurt the most is that the owner of thst other site
Promised me a replacement weeks ago
And yet in fact he never even sent one.
Anyway guys just wanna save anyone else the same anguish as it appears that a lot of wearers that ordered korean stock systems from him have had similar distressing experiences.
10-10-2010, 03:49 AM,
That IS scary !! These ``Korean `` systems are news to me --- I assume it`s North Korea we`re talking about ?????? !!! It`s obvious that whoever is making these things hasn`t got a CLUE of how it should be done..... if you don`t get the proper materials for the base and the density is wrong, you haven`t a hope in hell of being able to do anything with it.
This should be a lesson to anyone thinking of `jumping ship` from Toplace to stick with the tried and trusted one. The Toplace people have integrity and supply what they promise ---personally I wouldn`t look anywhere else now -- I did a post a few days back showing my system which was styled in early August --the pic quality was not great -- I am attaching 3 more I took since that post and they are a bit clearer I think ---just compare my Toplace system with the pics above --there just is NO comparison. At least if you do find you have an issue with a Toplace system, you will be taken seriously and the matter will be attended-to. It`s not possible to give a 100% assurance to anyone that they will be totally happy with a system [especially if they are new to wearing as they may be very very conscious of how it looks on them ] but I honestly feel that the systems supplied by Toplace are second -to-none,both in the hair quality and the base material quality, and anyone can be confident in placing their business with Toplace. I feel your pain on this one --it`s a nightmare having to go out with something like that on your head --- it`s things like that that make people afraid of wearing. Best wishes and please let us know how you get on when your new and `proper`system arrives. Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-10-2010, 01:26 PM,
Paul
How bout a trade? Lol.
No, seriously Toplace is the place to buy
They look after you well.
10-10-2010, 06:15 PM,
Phoenix, getting a piece like that is totally unacceptable. I'm shocked just to see how badly it shed leaving the gaping bare spot in the middle. You should get a replacement and a refund from whoever sold you that crap. Ive heard about these Koreans too and how they are supposedly top notch, but it clearly isn't the case here. Hope you get sorted out
10-10-2010, 09:52 PM,
unless there packed by robots,who the hell put this in a bag and despatched it.
bloody ell, no excuses.
what compounds the situation is no one wants to rectify the problem.
and youre out of pocket.
lesson learned.
"toplace rules by pure quality and reputation"
and hey with a user forum like this its quality all the way.