Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape doesn't stick to lace! (always did, why not now?)
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM,
Tape doesn't stick to lace! (always did, why not now?)
After 1.5 years of wearing and progress in learning curve, my all over SFS unit doesn't stick at all to the tape I'm using. It looks great, it feels great, but it won't ever stick! Not at all. How can that be? Ever since I've been using Debbie's "3-MIL contour" for the front and "super tape" for the rest of the perimeter. And ever since I ordered swiss lace. Worked very fine together for over one year. Now, none of them, neither 3-MIL nor supertape show ANY stickyness to the lace - still they stick immensely to my scalp or (accidently) to hair. (so it cannot be the tape that is suddenly wrong)

I'm a quite desperate about that one! I'm not using any styling products, so those couldn't be the reason, either. I used to wear my pieces 5 to 7 days&nights in a row without any trouble. Now this one comes in completely new, and after each single night (haven't changed pillow or something alike) the unit almost comes COMPLETY LOOSE!! Sad (The tape remaining massively strong on my scalp, but NOT at the lace!)

I hope you have any idea about that one?
04-02-2010, 12:33 AM,
Re: Tape doesn't stick to lace! (always did, why not now?)
Hi UncleDonald,
Please remember that you do not have a Toplace unit. You bought it from someone representing himself as Toplace (see response to your post titled 'toupet hair lighter (of weigth) than own hair.' Only orders placed on this site come from the factory that Toplace uses and only that factory provides the original Toplace quality. Anyhow, one solution to your problem is to put
some rubbing alcohol on a clean cloth and swipe the bottom of the base. This will clean the base and remove anything that might be causing the tape not to stick.
Regards,
John
04-02-2010, 08:48 AM,
I know what it's like to not have tape stick. If it is any help, I have NEVER been able to get tape to stick to my lace when applying the tape to the lace first. What I did was apply the tape to my head FIRST, then after spritzing the tape with 99% alcohol, I attach. This worked for me. For the hairline I draw the contour placement with a pencil, and apply the tape according to the line. For the sides and back I attached on the bare scalp as close to my hair as possible. I no longer tape the sides and back anymore since becoming a "convert" to g2bg, but I still tape my hairline by this method. And my current unit isn't a TP unit. I was able to get a 4-6 week bond with this method. I still don't know how ANYONE can get tape to stick to lace first. Anyway, you have another option to try if you wish.
04-04-2010, 09:32 PM,
I have found this with my new system. I put some tape on but double up, I didnt put them on top of eachother just next to eachother, then with a hairdryer on HOT, blasted the tape for about 20 seconds. I found this really has helped, no lifting at all!!!!
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM,
tunners Wrote:I have found this with my new system. I put some tape on but double up, I didnt put them on top of eachother just next to eachother, then with a hairdryer on HOT, blasted the tape for about 20 seconds. I found this really has helped, no lifting at all!!!!

I have done this as well. The heat softens the tape and makes it "gooey" so it grabs ahold of the lace much better.
04-10-2010, 01:00 AM,
There might be residue from the previous tape cleaning left between the mesh. Sometimes you can't see it but can feel it (example: oil, dust). I would try cleaning the lace as well as I could (in addition to the other advice people have said).

Good luck!

Leamon