Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you guys determine where hairline starts?
12-17-2008, 07:56 AM,
3 or 4 fingers from the eyebrow?
12-17-2008, 01:12 PM,
Re: How do you guys determine where hairline starts?
Whatever looks best on you.

I'm about three fingers which happens to be right where my natural hairline begins.

Use that as a basis and cut the back side of the unit to move it back if need be.
12-17-2008, 04:24 PM,
I think you should take into consideration your temple (side) hair. If it's narrow or goes far past your ear (towards your nose) then a lower hairline is nice. If your side hair is broad (recedes so that the hairline is close to your ears) then a higher forehead hairline is ideal.

Temple hair is VERY important to achieving a realistic look.

Leamon
12-17-2008, 06:05 PM,
leamon Wrote:I think you should take into consideration your temple (side) hair. If it's narrow or goes far past your ear (towards your nose) then a lower hairline is nice. If your side hair is broad (recedes so that the hairline is close to your ears) then a higher forehead hairline is ideal.

Temple hair is VERY important to achieving a realistic look.

Leamon

True, but even when I had weak temples wearing a topper, I looked ridiculous if i attached the piece even 1/4" too far back. Even with receded sides my piece looked better sitting at my natural hairline for some reason.

Temples are definitely the most important part of the equation, you just have to figure out how to tie everything together for best effect.
12-18-2008, 09:26 AM,
Watch the interesting video done by Farrell on
youtube .... He talks about ... the lower the front
hairline ... the younger you become ! Smile

I guess if you pull the piece over your face ...
well .. it'd look like you were just exiting the
womb ! Smile