Toplace USA
ilace, yes or no? (photos) - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: ilace, yes or no? (photos) (/showthread.php?tid=880)

Pages: 1 2

ilace, yes or no? (photos) - jade1974 - 05-06-2009

Been hearing that ilace provides the best top appearence as it hides the knots and you dont need to bleach them. Obliously not a good choice at the front/sides where poly/french are a better choice. I was hoping someone has experience of ilace and can share their knowledge/pictures with me. Been looking on the old site etc.
Cheers Guys Smile

Re: ilace, yes or no? - the7thson - 05-07-2009

got to be honest I would be interested too!! Any experience guys?

Re: ilace, yes or no? - Xeon005 - 05-07-2009

I heard its good for the scalp appearance but not good for the front hairline. one thing to take into consideration is how comfortable or how thick the material is. I am guessing its probably like a skin or something in terms of heat and stuff. I might be wrong.

Re: ilace, yes or no? - BA707 - 05-08-2009

Here is photos of a Ilace base with a 1" Swiss Lace all the way around :

Re: ilace, yes or no? - jade1974 - 05-08-2009

Awesome scalp pic. Whats the specs. Also, is it correct thal ilace systems are hot to wear as skin is, and do they feel bulky compared to french. Is there a choice of colours to match natural skin tones?
Was thinking of going ilace middle with 1" french front and poly back n sides 75-80% density as i have thick sides and back hair. Smile

Re: ilace, yes or no? - CB1 - 07-02-2009

Kickass photo, right there.

The iLace has my attention as of late. How short can you go with it?

Re: ilace, yes or no? - reubin - 07-02-2009

The specs on that one are 65% 1B, Freestyle, I-Lace island with SFS all around. I highly recommend this base and between that and a complete SFS piece the weight and comfort are extremely close. There is no heat, nothing like skin, total breathibility. Just make sure there is no I-Lace anywhere near an edge. As with any thicker base getting it to be perfectly molded to your head and avoiding ripples after 2 days of wear is tough [EDIT - IF you have a heavy Base near the edge - this is NOT THE CASE if you have I-Lace as an island with SFS or French all around the Perimeter]. No need to worry if you are a comb down wearear. I show 100% hairline although the front can be messy at times.

Re: ilace, yes or no? - reubin - 07-02-2009

Here is a shot of the front. I spiked the piece all the way around to show the edge in another post to Mr Stealth. You could not get a front like that if it was I-Lace right to the front edge. By the way that's 3-mil tape up front.

[Image: qsmu0n.jpg]

Re: ilace, yes or no? - theunknown - 07-02-2009

CAN you get the front knots bleached if you go with the hidden knots?

I have a unit with hidden knots right now, but I didn't order bleached knots, b/c I was under the impression that the silk ran all the way to the perimeter. Because of that, I feel like the edges are actually more visible, than on my other units.

It's nice though, I do like it, but that part was a bit disappointing. I would love it if I could have the best of both worlds though. Smile

I have pics of how the part looks on a long hair system but I don't know if they want me posting them here though. Very realistic though.

P.S. BA still patiently checking in everyday in hopes of seeing a link to the girls site!! Wink

Re: ilace, yes or no? - reubin - 07-03-2009

Mr Unknown. I don''t know what Hidden Knots are. The knots up front need to be bleached by the factory or by you as the front (and the entire perimeter of the piece actually) is regualar SFS or French lace.

IMHO there are absoltely no problems with attachemnt, heat, breathibility, detectibility to the touch or sight WHEN YOU HAVE A LACE PERIMETER surrounding the I-Lace.

-BUT-

There were pieces I had in the past that were no good for me - they were ALL I-Lace and just a smidge of SFS up front - these were problematic with attachement and detectibility. Especially if you need to cut into the I-Lace on the horseshoe and/or having a short style and/or low density.

These I-Lace island pieces for the past 3 years are awesome. But according to BA no one wears them except for him and me.

[Image: 1azya.jpg]