Toplace USA
Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? (/showthread.php?tid=865)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - theunknown - 05-11-2009

I am a female and I wear full lace wigs myself. Recently I started dating a guy that shaves his head. He is 31 and has the 'horseshoe' thing going on.

Oddly, I still very much worried about telling him about my wigs because I knew that some guys wouldn't want their woman to wear a wig. Just like fat guys that want skinny chicks LOL. Anyway, when I finally did tell him (and worried about it forever), he thought it was totally cool because I could have whatever hair color my guy wanted me to have Confusedhock: LOL That is not the response I expected.

Now he is playing around with the idea of getting a piece from here. I don't know how much he would actually like it because he has shaved his head since he was 20 years old, and EVERYONE would notice and comment. There is no way, that it wouldn't be a huge topic of conversation, and everyone would know it's a piece. His recession is very deep, but he has good sideburns and side areas, so it could be a partial, not a full cap.

Has anyone on here done that? What was the reaction? And how long did it take to blow over?

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - llekyam1 - 05-12-2009

Hello,
I have A PSB Full Cap , you can look here in the site for my pics, and I wear hair sometimes and sometimes I don't, sometimes I go out in the morning with my head shaved and then go out for lunch with my piece on , and then change at night. What is the big deal. A lot of times people confuse me for my brother who is bald and has a shaved head, and then they say hey I thought I saw you ut I guess it was your brother because you have hir, then I just take off my piece and they freak out. Yes I take of my piece and put on my piece anywhere depending on the circumstance. If I hear women talking about wishing their husbands had more hair, I just walk up to them and take of my piece and tell them where they can get one for him. I must somehow get this thru to people there is nothing wrong about wearing or not wearing, it is the same as wearing any other piece of clothing. I have never , I must say never met anybody who cares what the heck I have on my head or don't. They either tell me they like my head shaved or like my new style of hair. If next week I want to go with a longer style of hair, I change my piece, If I want a mohawk I'll get one.

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - TomBongi - 05-12-2009

llekyam1 Wrote:Hello,
I have A PSB Full Cap , you can look here in the site for my pics, and I wear hair sometimes and sometimes I don't, sometimes I go out in the morning with my head shaved and then go out for lunch with my piece on , and then change at night. What is the big deal. A lot of times people confuse me for my brother who is bald and has a shaved head, and then they say hey I thought I saw you ut I guess it was your brother because you have hir, then I just take off my piece and they freak out. Yes I take of my piece and put on my piece anywhere depending on the circumstance. If I hear women talking about wishing their husbands had more hair, I just walk up to them and take of my piece and tell them where they can get one for him. I must somehow get this thru to people there is nothing wrong about wearing or not wearing, it is the same as wearing any other piece of clothing. I have never , I must say never met anybody who cares what the heck I have on my head or don't. They either tell me they like my head shaved or like my new style of hair. If next week I want to go with a longer style of hair, I change my piece, If I want a mohawk I'll get one.

Plus One..

I am pretty lose with the "secret" as well. (although not "Dan Blocker" lose like you. LOL Just told a friend yesterday who is bald. After he finished laughing he became very curious..I told him not to bother, if he is comfortable with his head for 58 years why change now?

I would tell the OP if he is happy with his shaved head , don;t change a thing and open up the hair wearing can of worms. It can be a real PIA sometimes. I have a deal with the wofe./ She don't get fat I don't get bald LOL....

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - theunknown - 05-12-2009

TomBongi Wrote:I would tell the OP if he is happy with his shaved head , don;t change a thing and open up the hair wearing can of worms. It can be a real PIA sometimes. I have a deal with the wofe./ She don't get fat I don't get bald LOL....

That is pretty much what I think too. He has shaved his head for a long time, and I really think he would miss the convience of it.

Also, he is ex-military (navy seal) and so his buddies are not the most tactful group ever. I can just imagine that topic among that group of guys. They can be a bit ruthless. They were all in Iraq together, so there is no holds barred on what they will say to each other.

Honestly, I think it's a phase with him and he thinks the concept of having the option is neat. Wearing them myself, I know the PIA it can be at times, and I just don't see him doing it. Heck, he doesn't even like to shave his own head, so I don't see him having the commitment level to keep in up.

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - danger!!89 - 05-13-2009

i wish i could just wear hair and no one would care. I've been slapping on concealer for the last 12 months hoping no one realises when i eventually wear a hair piece in less than two weeks. If anyone finds out about it when i start university i think i'd just shave my head than go through the embaressment of people knowing lol theres more social stigmatism when you're young well i think.

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - YuleB - 05-14-2009

... i have been wearing hats for years.. like 40 years.. from the time i was in elementary school.. i recently went down to visit my family and my hp hair looks pretty much like my hair did 5 years ago... i even spent my normal 20 min in the bathroom blow drying and styling my hair... no one.. not my mother, sister, nephew... no one knew it was a piece. Last weekend i went over to my brothers.. hadnt seen him in 2 years... told him i colored my hair.. he was looking at it from an inch away... looking at the poor coloring job of the temporary hair coloring products.. he had no effn clue it was a piece. I went from bald but conceled with a hat to no hat.. and all i have had to tell people is that i have colored my hair

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - theunknown - 05-14-2009

YuleB Wrote:... i have been wearing hats for years.. like 40 years.. from the time i was in elementary school.. i recently went down to visit my family and my hp hair looks pretty much like my hair did 5 years ago... i even spent my normal 20 min in the bathroom blow drying and styling my hair... no one.. not my mother, sister, nephew... no one knew it was a piece. Last weekend i went over to my brothers.. hadnt seen him in 2 years... told him i colored my hair.. he was looking at it from an inch away... looking at the poor coloring job of the temporary hair coloring products.. he had no effn clue it was a piece. I went from bald but conceled with a hat to no hat.. and all i have had to tell people is that i have colored my hair

I always wonder about that with guys and family because the hairloss is almost ALWAYS genetic. Most guys lose hair in the same pattern as their Dads/brothers. Right?

I see so many guys on here that say family doesn't know, and I always wonder how that can be when family knows the genetics and usually the brothers have MPB as well. Perhaps I am making too many assumptions . . I am so glad your piece is undetectable!

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - TomBongi - 05-14-2009

danger!!89 Wrote:i wish i could just wear hair and no one would care. I've been slapping on concealer for the last 12 months hoping no one realises when i eventually wear a hair piece in less than two weeks. If anyone finds out about it when i start university i think i'd just shave my head than go through the embaressment of people knowing lol theres more social stigmatism when you're young well i think.

Im not young anymore and one of the great benefits of age is one cares far less what others think of them, One realizes they don;t care either.
But being young and bald in this day and age is far better then in the 70's when I was young. Bald is a style today not a handicap, I see guys with full heads of shaved hair,
I see shaved headed make models modeling clothes. Consequently wearing a hairpiece as a young person will be far more ridculed today then it would have been in the 70's wehn long hair was all the rage.

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - TomBongi - 05-14-2009

theunknown Wrote:
YuleB Wrote:... i have been wearing hats for years.. like 40 years.. from the time i was in elementary school.. i recently went down to visit my family and my hp hair looks pretty much like my hair did 5 years ago... i even spent my normal 20 min in the bathroom blow drying and styling my hair... no one.. not my mother, sister, nephew... no one knew it was a piece. Last weekend i went over to my brothers.. hadnt seen him in 2 years... told him i colored my hair.. he was looking at it from an inch away... looking at the poor coloring job of the temporary hair coloring products.. he had no effn clue it was a piece. I went from bald but conceled with a hat to no hat.. and all i have had to tell people is that i have colored my hair

I always wonder about that with guys and family because the hairloss is almost ALWAYS genetic. Most guys lose hair in the same pattern as their Dads/brothers. Right?

I see so many guys on here that say family doesn't know, and I always wonder how that can be when family knows the genetics and usually the brothers have MPB as well. Perhaps I am making too many assumptions . . I am so glad your piece is undetectable!

Sometimes people do know but they also know how embarrassed one would be if they shared they know. So everyone keeps their little secret.
I personally find it easier to just tell people and after awhile they simply forget about it and it doesn't come up except when I make a joke about it.

Re: Anyone starting wearing after years bald? - Mr.NewYork - 05-15-2009

theunknown Wrote:I don't know how much he would actually like it because he has shaved his head since he was 20 years old, and EVERYONE would notice and comment.
Has anyone on here done that? What was the reaction? And how long did it take to blow over?

There in lies the rub.....the ease and facility of taking a 1/4 inch clip guard and doing a 10 minute buzz to my head once every 2 weeks was something I got accustomed to for over 16 years. I never did the full shave because I'm not THAT GUY......I could pull it off, but it's a pre-conceived perception in most peoples mind about it. No denying my baldness, but at least the boot camp buzz has been in style for the last 16 years, so it wasn't all that off.
Yes, his buddies will break his balls without mercy - I come from a military/police/athlete extended family, But, they'll break balls about everything anyway, it's part of that circle!!
My first time around family went extremely well.......now granted, my brothers weren't both there together & I full on expect the snaps to fly when we all hook up, but thats no different from whenever we're together.
Search for pics of "jake" and "buzz declan" for military high & tight styles - natural transition + easy maintenance + best "no way is that a damn hairpiece" camouflage!! It's how I wear my hair, just not shaved to skin on sides, about 3/8 inch on sides & back