Toplace USA
First Detachment Tonight - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: First Detachment Tonight (/showthread.php?tid=6021)

First Detachment Tonight - Nicnik - 02-11-2014

So tonight is my first detachment - ugh

I’m actually pretty scared, but I know it has to be done. I can feel the re-growth already poking through when I pat down my head and I noticed for the first time last night that my hairline had become slightly sticky. I’m going to attach using Ghost Bond and Walker No-shine tape. I’m debating on the antiperspirant though. I usually work out mon-fri, but since I’ve been wearing I’ve spend my nights with a family member in the hospital so haven’t been to the gym since my cut-in.

I know though that once it’s complete I won’t feel the very very small but slightly present enslaved feeling.

Anywho… I’ll y’all know how it goes… wish me luck! Any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated :-)

RE: First Detachment Tonight - Hersute - 02-11-2014

Keep a fan on you at all times.
After 18 years of attaching my lace system, I switched to a thin skin and was surprisingly nervous about attaching it.
Even though it wasn't hot, my scalp must have been perspiring because I couldn't get the layers of glue to dry and the glue turned white as soon as I was active the next day.

Good Luck!

RE: First Detachment Tonight - Nicnik - 02-11-2014

:-( so I can't get my hairline very clean. Not sure if the glue isn't drying or what is happening, but it looks bad. I'm thinking I should try again with just tape this time.

RE: First Detachment Tonight - Jorn - 02-11-2014

Looks like you´ve used way too much glue.

RE: First Detachment Tonight - Hersute - 02-11-2014

Yeah, too much glue and its not dried properly.
Thing I found was that even if it goes clear after an hour or two, if its not dried properly before attaching, as soon as you're active, it goes white again.

RE: First Detachment Tonight - Nicnik - 02-12-2014

I think you're right with too much blue. Plus I also had walker no shine tape on the hairline too. So good news though, got2be saved the day! I de-bonded the hairline and used G2B following the instructions I've found and other posts and it's looks pretty decent. Back to the way it did before I took it off, so in very happy with it. I would have been SOL without you guys.

RE: First Detachment Tonight - antywanty - 02-12-2014

ok heres the basics, my routine, for hairline ,the same for the scalp except you don't need to be (too pedantic with anything behind the hairline.)

1) golden rules---------clean and dry.!!!!!!!!make sure you've removed all the adhesive, use you're finger nail, its a great tool but be gentle.
try sellotape on the area just avoid placing it on the hairs.

2) apply one layer of adhesive, I love orwg, oil res white glue, time it!! don't guess it, leave around 10 mins up to 14, until its dried clear.
then fold down the lifted hairline skin, or lace onto it, if you've cracked it it should look seamless, transparent and look amazing.and strong as hell.

I spray a deodorant to block or hold bak sweat release , "pro touch" optional

its more difficult in the summer, so if you can use a fan, a bigg fan.

ps! wash youre hands before applying or smearing adhesive as youre fingers may still have natural oils on them.

you don't get it perfect first time, but practice makes not perfect but pretty close to it

hope this helps
aanthony uk

its worrying at first, but as the saying goes once you know how, and get into a routine. Then finly tune the routine