Toplace USA
Newbie, need help! - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Newbie, need help! (/showthread.php?tid=5452)

Pages: 1 2

Newbie, need help! - Dave23 - 11-06-2012

Hi, my name is David, I'm about to order a base due to hair lost. I'm 21 years old.

My hair lost is mostly on the front. My hairline doesn't exist anymore. Should I order a full base or a front base? The problem is that my hair are curly a little bit when they get longer, wish mean if I order a front base, it may not look natural after 2 or three weeks once my back.

Which base should I order? I want it to look as natural as possible... I think I'm gonna order TL100 Super Fine Swiss, is this the right choice?

This is how my hair look like: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/20120929115633.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/img087u.jpg/

I want to order the right base for me, I never order a base before. Can anybody help me in that process? Thank's a lot!

RE: Newbie, need help! - Hersute - 11-06-2012

David, when you say your hairline doesn't exist any more, do you mean that it used to be a straight hairline and now it recedes a bit at the sides?
Because in the pictures, you look like you have a perfectly normal amount of hair.
The guy in the picture of how you want your hair to look has a completely different shaped head & face, hair texture and hairline.
In my opinion, his hair & hairline would look completely wrong on you.
More than replacement hair, what you need is to grow your own hair and then see a really good hairdresser and discuss style options.
I really don't think you are ready for a hair piece.
Sorry.

RE: Newbie, need help! - Dave23 - 11-18-2012

Yes I mean that. In fact, my airline is worst now, the pictures are from last year. I lost hair on the temple area and I have difficulties hiding hit. I really want a hear peace. I've took everything from propecia and minoxidi with almost so result. A hairpeace would make my life 10x better. This is what I'm looking for right now.

Can someone help me? I never had a headbase before. Would really appreciate that someone answer my questions? Thank you guys!!

RE: Newbie, need help! - Paul In Ireland - 11-18-2012

Hi Dave23, From what I can see, 2 temple partial pieces will do you for now..... have you any recent pic. showing the front---you say it`s receded but in those 2 pics it looks ok..your hair has a `tight` wave to it, so that will have to be copied by the factory and the natural direction seems to be standing up and back....... I agree with Hersute though... I think it`s a little early for you yet....at most, 2 small partials would be all you`d be able to work with and the cost is high in relative terms.... obviously you`re conscious of your recession, but it`s normal for your age....it`s not severe enough at this point to warrant you making the leap into wearing, and all that goes with it.....I`d wait another while if I was in your shoes..... you still have a great head of hair--enjoy it while you have it !

RE: Newbie, need help! - Dave23 - 11-20-2012

Well, the story is that 3 years ago, my hair were perfect. After that, that hair loss becam a big problem for me, it get me really depress at some point, and having a "perfect hair line" is what I'm looking for. I want to stop thinking about that hair loss, it ruined everything for years now. For you, it may not be a big problem by the picture, for me, it is.

Can I order 2 partial hair piece on Toplace?? I've seen on youtube how to do a template, but how can I order 2 hair piece for the temples? And will it look natural? How they can copy exactly my hair for it to look like it's mine?

RE: Newbie, need help! - Paul In Ireland - 11-20-2012

David, You say the hairline is worse now than in the pictures...do you mean it has moved back from the front [receded]? If so, you can get a front-partial system with two temple ` triangles` attached..... some guys wear similar things at first, when their thinning / recession is in the early stages [like yours] and can often simply get a stock system,and trim out what they need / want from that......... your hair is ` tight` so wouldn`t be available in a stock...you`ll have to order a custom-made system, because the hair will need to be permed to get a ` curl` similar to your growing hair. Such a ` narrow` strip of material at the front, can be a bit hard to work with, as it can be prone to fraying or possibly tearing over time from the ` stress` of repeated removal. You will be wearing an ` exposed` front .....so you need either Swiss lace or a thin skin..... John would be best to advise you if such a relatively narrow strip of skin-material would be practical.....it might not withstand repeated removals as well as a ` full` system would.
To answer your question...yes it will look natural...... the factory can replicate practically anything you want. Hope that helps..... if you send John pics of your front / temples before the thinning started, he`ll know what to get for you. Good luck with it.

RE: Newbie, need help! - msebas - 11-20-2012

Hello Dave you got the best advise from 2 of the best. Paul and Hersute are the ones that answer a question exactly the way it should be answered. Follow their advise and tou should be fine.

RE: Newbie, need help! - Dave23 - 11-26-2012

Tanks a lot everybody!! I have one question left... Do I contact John by the ''contact'' section? Because I've already send a message by this section and I never received an answer!

RE: Newbie, need help! - Dave23 - 11-28-2012

Anyone??

RE: Newbie, need help! - Paul In Ireland - 11-28-2012

You can contact him at [email protected]