Toplace USA
How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? (/showthread.php?tid=5373)

Pages: 1 2

How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - iwill - 09-06-2012

I am wearing a stock unit, it works great on sides as you can see in pictures looks real, natural etc.

THE PROBLEM IS BLENDING HAIR AT BACK AS YOU CAN SEE IN PICTURES WHERE I HAVE MARKED IN RED THAT YOU CAN EASILY SPOT THE UNIT AND TELL WHERE THE UNIT STARTS AND THE HAIRS LOOK DIFFERENT.

I HAVE TRIED TOPPIK BUT DOES NOT HELP.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON.

I NEED ONE OF YOUR EXPERTS ADVISE ON HOW TO SORT THIS

THE UNIT LOOKS GREAT BUT ITS JUST THE BACK THATS CAUSING PROBLEM AND I AM WEARING A CAP EVERYDAY BECAUSE OF TIS PROBLEMO !!!

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - Hairenough - 09-06-2012

Basically, whoever did the cut in didn't do it right. Did you do it yourself? If so then that can be forgiven. But your natural hair at the back is so much shorter than the piece hair where it meets. I also see the crow area is sticking out a lot and is unlike any normal Toplace system I've seen before. You need a good cut in to blend where your own hair meets the piece hair.

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - Paul In Ireland - 09-06-2012

A thinning-scissors is needed to ` soften` the look...... the colour-blend is good though. I assume it was a ` DIY` job ? Even going to a stylist now and asking them to do a bit of ` tweaking` in terms of the blend should help---- just be up-front and tell him/her it`s a system and needs just a little help with the ` join` area.....you`d be surprised at what a stylist could do in a few minutes.

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - foras - 09-06-2012

Use thinning shears and grow the back hair a bit, it will blend in no time! Btw, it looks good on you!

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - Baldrich - 09-06-2012

It does look good on you. I wouldn't worry too much about the line at the back. You see the same phenomenon on guys with their natural hair who have the same haircut, especially when the hair gets wet or they put their head back. It doesn't make it stand out as a hairpiece.

I would be a bit more concerned about the crown. That looks a bit odd. It doesn't give away that it's a piece, but it definitely draws attention to your hair which you probably don't want. Perhaps it's a deliberate fashion statement though?!

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - Hersute - 09-06-2012

You have the exact opposite hair growth pattern to me.
My hair grows straight out of my scalp and naturally sticks out, where as the hair on my piece tend to lay flat at the back and again blending can be difficult.

The hair from your topper you get to stick out, but your natural hair is growing down wards and flat to your head.
As others have said, if you grew your hair a bit longer, just at the meeting point, you could brush it upwards and it would help it blend.

The blunt line you're currently getting doesn't look unnatural, but you could fade it better using a razor comb to just break up the ends & thin it out.

I've done a quick illustration to show how and where a bit of extra length at the back and brushing it upwards will help your hair blend in to the piece and gives your head a better shape too.
Wearing the cap won't help because the back of it is pushing the hair flat down.

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - iwill - 09-08-2012

Thank You every one !

I went to Superdrug and got the thinning scissors but when opened they turned out to be these:

Will this do the job ?

By the way I get the cut in from my mother she has worked in salon for little before.

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - Paul In Ireland - 09-08-2012

Yup---they`re the ones........ the trick is to use it ` randomly` and at varying distances out from the base, so that you are cutting the hairs to differing lengths...just thin a bit here and there in a random manner. You just want to kind of ` break up` that ` line` which is bothering you.

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - iwill - 09-08-2012

Thanks "paul in ireland" But I am still a little cofused though, if I will cut the hairs from the base at different sizes then will there still not be a line but not a straight one?

By the way watch Citizen Khan on BBC 1 at 11.00pm on Monday, its the funniest !!!

RE: How to blend hairs at back with your own hairs ??? - Paul In Ireland - 09-08-2012

No, it will ` break up` the visible line which you have now..... the line you are looking at, is caused by the hair being cut to a uniform-length, and slightly longer than your growing hair ----as foras pointed out above, allowing your own hair to grow out a little will help to soften the look, though many guys now wear their hair in a kind of ` stepped` manner....it`s a personal choice....however, as you are conscious of it, just thin it out a little here and there and it will soften the look..... I sent you a link by e- mail, which give tips on how to blend-in system hair onto growing hair.....hopefully that should help too.