Toplace USA
Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! (/showthread.php?tid=493)

Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - JamesKennedy - 08-22-2009

Which do you prefer and why!?

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - danger!!89 - 08-22-2009

People on the forum have moaned about how blue liner breaks down really harshly after a week and its difficult to clean off even though you get a good bond.

SuperTape gave me a constant itch

Walker no shine doesn't make me itch on its own and gives me a lasting bond for up to two weeks unless ive done something ridiculously strenous a few times in a week. So personally for me its no shine mate.

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - JamesKennedy - 08-22-2009

I've only tried Blue Liner so far. I do notice it gets kinda gooey... but the clean up really isn't that awful. I did itch a tiny bit with Blue Liner, but nothing awful.

What does everyone else think!?

Was ST-30 that much better than everything else?

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - jake1980 - 08-22-2009

i like supertape it gets me a far longer last .as danger89 says the blue breaks down quick. i have not used the walker no shine yet

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - Sester - 08-22-2009

Was ST-30 that much better than everything else?

Yes, yes , yes and YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - Snipe - 08-22-2009

Super tape is the hands down winner for me.

Problem with st 30 was no contours and, as discussed on previous forum, it absorbed water and would puff like a sponge.

Tapes pretty much the same as glues, different results for each person.

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - dougmm - 08-23-2009

never tried blue liner and although i have supertape, i have not tried it. walker contours so far have worked for me as well as st-30. left on 3-4 weeks-- 2-3 shampooings-- no lift whatsoever-- no residue of any kind left on lace. much easier to apply being contours and backing much easier to remove. walker comes off easier with 91% alcohol than st-30. keep in mind i have a real hairline so can't speak on exposing hailine with walker vs st-30.

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - bill416 - 08-24-2009

well for me ST-30 didnt live up to all the praise for some reason. The super tape is working fine for me and the cleanup is actually better than ST-30.The bue tape actually held up fine for me but its a nusisance cleaning I havent tried the walker tape yet but will give it a try soon.

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - Xeon005 - 08-24-2009

I would probably say blue liner tape. I think it looks the best because it is the thinnest, and i think its the strongest tape. The only problem is the cleanup, but i dont wear it that long, so thats not too much of an issue for me.

Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine! - Tapehead - 08-24-2009

bill416 Wrote:well for me ST-30 didnt live up to all the praise for some reason. The super tape is working fine for me and the cleanup is actually better than ST-30.

Completely agree.

Of course tapes, like glues, will vary widely.