Toplace USA
We need clear density pictures - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: We need clear density pictures (/showthread.php?tid=4301)

Pages: 1 2

We need clear density pictures - Val - 03-12-2011

I think TopLace is dropping the ball on informing new customers about how the different densities actually look like. Information at the web site is very slim and inconclusive at best, and I have been googling these forums for nearly three months still having no clue what to expect because:

1. Some higher density pictures look thinner than other lower density pictures, and vice versa.

2. Usually, they present only hairline, and at poor light condition or picture quality. Rarely, one can see anything showing the crown, and even if one does, then look: point 1.

I think TopLace ought to make a proper density sub-page showing ranges in 5% increments. Each range should have at least 2-3 different examples (units/colours). Each example with frontal, side and crown view, in good lighting and picture quality. Each picture in dry and wet version.

Standardisation and sufficient quality of sample pictures is the key here.
You have good product and good service. If you provide good enough presentation of it, you will win more customers and they will place orders more quickly instead of spending weeks on inconclusive research.

Now, it is just guesswork and newcomers gamble with their time and money, particularly the former being very valuable.

As I said, I have been searching this forum for months and among other things, I found multiple posts from new users complaining their first units arrived either too thick, or to thin.

Seriously. Learning by doing is not an option here.

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - Paul In Ireland - 03-12-2011

Hi Val..I suppose it`s a suggestion John will consider.. I accept what you`re saying regarding densities being a bit `hit and miss` and pic quality at times not being great....I had a look at another hair -supplier site recently and to be honest, the pic quality was professional...but they were showing the guys `before and after` and saying how undetectable the systems were ..I thought most of them stuck out like the proverbial `sore thumb`....what I like about this forum is that you get real stories and real experiences..not something `invented` by marketing people ...the pics on here are not great at times[ my own included as I`m only using a webcam thing to take them] but they are of `real`people. I totally accept though that some professionally-shot pics showing certain densities could help....maybe this is something that John will consider as it would clarify this particular issue for new-comers ....regards, Paul.

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - Val - 03-12-2011

(03-12-2011, 08:44 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: what I like about this forum is that you get real stories and real experiences..not something `invented` by marketing people
I totally agree with that and think that in many aspect TL is head and shoulders above others. But it makes lack of professional, substantial pictures so much more standing out. And IMO it is one of the most important things on such website.

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - ToplaceUSA - 03-13-2011

Val,
Your point is well taken. No two units are the same. The trouble is there are many factors/variables that come into play with density. For instance, the styling, length of hair, and wave of the hair all have an impact on how the density appears. Also the lighting that the photo was taken in of course has an impact on the appearance of density. Add to that effect of the various shampoos and even water quality have an impact on hair. So does humidity levels. Leave-in conditioner? Age of hair? And of course the fact that the hair comes from various donors so that the diameter of the hair shaft always varies slightly. It's a moving target but we try to do the best we can.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - Val - 03-13-2011

Yeah, I understand this and hence I proposed 3 samples of each density.

You have zillions of units going through your hands. Why not get a mannequin head and take 200 of pictures before you ship them?

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - ToplaceUSA - 03-13-2011

Val,
Because no two will be alike for the reasons I stated above. I can imagine the emails I'd would be getting from people saying 'I ordered 67% density and this looks just like 65%!' That's why there is no web site that posts densities in increments of 5%.
Regards,
John

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - Mr.Hair - 03-14-2011

Hi Val, I looked at different pictures before I ordered and I decided to go for a 70% density, If it is too dense when I receive it, I will just thin it out, there are videos on how to do that.

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - Xeon005 - 03-14-2011

I have said this to John as well. My recommendation would be to be consistent with pictures. For example instead of showing totally different styles showing different densities, or wet vs dry hair, I think its better to use the same example. I know the factories provide those density samples.. I Think placing them on top of ur skin, and showing each one wet and dry should give people a decent idea. Ideally the same type of hair system with the same style/length etc would be perfect. But I doubt that is feasible. I would suggest Using the sample densities on human skin

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - dino1 - 03-14-2011

good idea, Xeon.

RE: I think TopLace is dropping the ball.. - Xeon005 - 03-15-2011

yeah, I think the title of this thread shouldn't be toplace drops the ball tho lol. When I saw that I thought someone was complaining about the hair systems or their order etc. You think you could rename the thread?