Toplace USA
My Toplace unit--your opinion please - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: My Toplace unit--your opinion please (/showthread.php?tid=4103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - person - 12-06-2010

Thanks for sharing your story with us; it was an inspiration to myself. I have a few questions though; what base do you use and what attachment method do you use; which products specifically do you use for attachment; which glue for example?
(12-06-2010, 03:19 AM)person Wrote: Thanks for sharing your story with us; it was an inspiration to myself. I have a few questions though; what base do you use and what attachment method do you use; which products specifically do you use for attachment; which glue for example? Also you mentioned you use hairspray; is this just a regular hairstray or one specifically for hair replacement hair? Thank you.

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - mrjoejohn - 12-06-2010

Hey Person.

You're welcome, and thank you for the feedback. I currently use French Lace with SFS front. But I'm ordering full SFS on my next order.

SFS is less detectable to the touch (slightly). Supposedly, French Lace is a slightly stronger base but, if I'm ordering a combination of French Lace and SFS, and the SFS bit gets damaged, it doesn't matter that the French Lace is still good, cause I will ditch it anyway, so I might as well get FULL SFS. (I don't know if you can understand my logic - my primary language is not English). Big Grin

As for attachment method, I use Supertape along the perimeter and 2 strips from front to back. I use UltaHold Glue for the front bit - it is very strong. I will be experimenting on Ghost Bond Glue however.

Hairspray, I use a normal hairspray - one that you can buy from a hair salon, my brand of choice is Tresemme. And when you do buy products for normal hair, try to share them with people around you. Tell them you have found this amazing Hairspray that they should use, and lend it to them (force them lol). For the simple reason that non-wearers think that a HP require HP special products, so by giving them an insight to the products that you are using (which are for normal hair) you will be subtly implying your hair is real hair. Just a tip I use to play on people's mind.

I consider hair wearing as a game. These small things that we do are the technical abilities, or skills that will make you stand out from the rest. Don't shadow yourself or escape normal hair topics, to the contrary, involve yourself. Wink
(12-05-2010, 11:17 AM)Baldrich Wrote: Mr JoeJohn

I envy the fact that you have a really supportive girlfriend who knows about your hairpiece and is happy to help you maintain the illusion. That must help a lot. Can I ask, did you tell her you were going to start wearing a piece before you got one? How did you break the news to her, and what was her reaction?

Do you worry that she might tell her friends or family about your secret?
Mr JoeJohn

I envy the fact that you have a really supportive girlfriend who knows about your hairpiece and is happy to help you maintain the illusion. That must help a lot. Can I ask, did you tell her you were going to start wearing a piece before you got one? How did you break the news to her, and what was her reaction?

Do you worry that she might tell her friends or family about your secret?

Hey Baldrich,

I started wearing during our relationship. So when I had decided I wanted to get in this game, I told her I'm gonna go for this, showed her some pics online of people wearing and she thought they looked undetectable and amazing.

She is very supportive, yes. She has ABSOLUTELY no concerns that I wear as long as I am looking good/ better. She sometimes wear party wigs, and makes me wear party wigs to... so mentally I'm thinking good, I'm wearing a wig on a wig lol. When I didn't wear, I used to have sex and sleep with caps on, so my hair was totally off bounds. When someone would take my cap as a joke, I would freak out. If my cap fell during sex, I would get limp. That's how bad it was.

She thinks I look a lot better now! I look myself and Very Normal. The way I should have been in the first place. And I bet my ass that the majority of the sane people would have no issue whatsoever whether you wear or not. Having said that, you don't want to look like a fool. I don't think you would have issues with your girlfriend going for breast augmentation, wouldn't you? And if she keeps them within normal size (i.e. does not make herself look like a fool) it would not affect anything really, you'll probably be happier for having a girlfriend that looks hotter, and your girlfriend would feel happier for feeling sexier herself, making you happy in turn. It's reverse psychology (?).

Just yesterday, she told me my hair is looking awesome. My hair looks better than most people's normal hair, and it needs no styling fixes, no blending fixes etc. Maybe the only thing that I need is to concentrate on perfect attachments all the time, sometimes, I leave a small wrinkle in the base (detectable to touch, not sight). But nothing to write about. I will get more consistent in attachments with practice.

I remember my first few attachments were more shaky, sometimes 5 cms forehead, sometimes 3 cms, 7 cms lol. So I can definitely see I'm getting more consistent now. It just requires some practice.

I sometimes worry that she might reveal my secret, but like younggun said, she knows it's a downer for me, and she promised me she would never hurt me like that. If she did, then she's not a decent person in the first place and I don't wanna be with her. I do trust her. Family is family, like younggun said, and they respect that for life.

What I need to work on also, is to stop continuously talking about my hair to her. She sees wearing as completely normal, but I fear that the more I talk, the more I open up and tell her about my paranoias, fears and dilemmas - the more I will drive her into thinking wearing is 'not' normal and I don't want to put her in my shoes. Hence, I have also told her I will start to not talk much about it from now on, and live a normal life without putting my hair as number 1 priority. She assured me she really doesn't mind talking about my hair if I wanted to. But truth is, I don't wanna jeopardize her current awesome state of mind about my hair wearing lol. The much-talking is normal really, understandable - being my first year and all.

But it's now time to move on...

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - antywanty - 12-06-2010

i find that playing with youre hair, pretending to scratch youre head.
putting youre hand on youre head,playing with youre hair gives the illusion of normality.
having seid that, maybee we should attach our hair systems , go out and forget about them,
im less concerned about my hair now than prior to wearing, using concealers that just wernt,
and constantly worrying about rain,wind,
as most folk still think that a hair system is a 70;s wigg that just sitts on youre head and will move in the slight breeze, or slightest touch.
in fact societys Ignorance plays totally into our hands.
as this coudnt be further from the 21st century hair systems.
but there Ignorance is our bliss.
i walk with real confidence now because iv been told and i know, really my hair looks bloody great.my lifes far better,if my hair sheds now i buy a new one,lol problem addressed and soughted."one life ,one chance to look and be youre best"only fools would turn this chance down.

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - younggun - 12-06-2010

Hell yeah anty... Before you were like OMG my hair's falling I'm gonna be bald..

Now you're like... oh well... my hp is starting to shed... well.. im gonna take a lil bit more care.. and order a new piece, in 2 months I'll be 100% again Big Grin

One little question, I've been watching a video about making a template, but I've got longuish hair right now..... and I do not want to shave my head until I've got the piece.. How can I a properly to the template with hair?, I mean the measures ain't gonna be 100% accurate really?

Thanks for the inputs!!

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - Baldrich - 12-06-2010

On the subject of old photos, everyone has a few giveaway skeletons like that in their cupboard. My parents have a huge framed photo of me at my graduation, showcasing my horrible thinning pre-hairpiece hair for all to see. I have tried to get them to put it in the attic, but no deal. The only thing which will displace it is the first grandchild LOL.

I think you are being a bit too paranoid. Probably people who are close to you will eventually work out on some subconscious level that you are "doing something" with your hair, but if they are your friends they won't call you out about it or embarrass you by mentioning it. After you have been wearing a while you will likely grow to be OK with that solution.

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - person - 12-06-2010

Mrjoejohn and antywanty; I can completely relate to your state of mind about this issue; if you don't mind I will be personal messaging you when I take the plunge as I feel it is not essential but would really help to have friends in this game - I do feel a bit alone with this problem sometimes despite having family friends and a girl friend.

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - younggun - 12-06-2010

person, count me in bro!

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - antywanty - 12-06-2010

(12-06-2010, 02:18 PM)person Wrote: Mrjoejohn and antywanty; I can completely relate to your state of mind about this issue; if you don't mind I will be personal messaging you when I take the plunge as I feel it is not essential but would really help to have friends in this game - I do feel a bit alone with this problem sometimes despite having family friends and a girl friend.

youre not alone theres a whole lot of people here.
theres the searchable data base, dont forget to search u tube for videos.
hair direct have some great maintainece videos.
im nearly 2 months into wearing,
and feel confident in doing everything, bonding , de bonding,washing,cleaning.
i leave the cutting in to my salon,who is a one lady business.and megga cheap,dont know when i'll be going there for a long long time.

i knew one day if my hair kept receding the word wigg was always an option.but that was light years away or so i thought,and so was the inncorect perception of what a wigg is, hairsystem.

and regarding styling ect it dosent have to be perfect,just look around you at other folks hair,people of all ages,im talking natural hair now,
alot of guys, older men dont even style there hair when they leave the house,
now iv got my system hair im no longer looking at other peoples hair thinking i'd love to have clean shiny hair, ect.
i dont really give peoples hair a second look,
prior to wearing it was a Obsession,well thats overdoing it, but lets say on my mind more than most.

long as you get the hairline pretty much nailed its all good,
touch up the front if you want it megga nailed down.
but hey its all good.

and hell its 5000% better than spending hours with hairspray hairdryer trying to style so little hair,and concealer,
i now know that when i style my hair im not in for a 2 hour job at its worst.
no more deppresion,
my hair now is a know entity,i know what will happen after i wash& style.
and thats more valuable to my personal wellbeing happiness .
i dont dread hair wash day anymore.phewww what a bloody relif
anty Smile
(12-06-2010, 12:28 PM)younggun Wrote: Hell yeah anty... Before you were like OMG my hair's falling I'm gonna be bald..

Now you're like... oh well... my hp is starting to shed... well.. im gonna take a lil bit more care.. and order a new piece, in 2 months I'll be 100% again Big Grin

One little question, I've been watching a video about making a template, but I've got longuish hair right now..... and I do not want to shave my head until I've got the piece.. How can I a properly to the template with hair?, I mean the measures ain't gonna be 100% accurate really?

Thanks for the inputs!!

searchg the database for template. plenty of input on it.
dosent have to be spot on, long as youre showing the area you want covered

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - younggun - 12-07-2010

so it hasn't got to be 100% accurate?? how come?

RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - mrjoejohn - 12-07-2010

i really like your attitude anty. Big Grin

look at it this way:
you say, your hair was on your mind when you were thinning (but clearly state it wasn't an obsession)... hence you are very relaxed now.
me, on the other hand, I was obsessed. literally obsessed. hence... I'm ok now, not always too relaxed. I'm finding it a lot easier to accept now and I'm getting happier as i grow more confident.

and yes, their ignorance is our bliss, but, wouldn't it be nicer if hair systems were excellent from the day they were born? they wouldn't have this stigma associated with them. Just yesterday, I over heard someone tell another one who was bald... "not even if you wanted, you cannot get your fringe to look as good as mine". the other one replied, "well i'll just wear a wig then like ______ " referring to some celebrity with a really ugly looking 70s rug. To which, the other one replied, "yeah, then some wind and it's gone with the wind again lol".

so yeah, I can see what you're saying when you say their ignorance is bliss, but now that I'm in this game, I don't like hearing wig-jokes anymore. Big Grin if i could, i would punch them in the face. but instead, i have to laugh.

person, i know what you mean when you say you feel like you're in this alone. chances though are that there are a lot of people wearing wigs around you that you don't know of. i find this forum of great help, in making me feel like i'm not alone in this game. you can ask anyone here for help, you'll get it cause everyone knows the feeling and everyone is willing to help. that's why we are here. because i'm here because i had found great support when i needed it and now that i'm getting experienced, i feel obliged to pass on the (little) knowledge that I've learnt along the way.