Toplace USA
70% Isopropyl Alcohol - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (/showthread.php?tid=3834)

Pages: 1 2

70% Isopropyl Alcohol - french_hair - 05-13-2010

hello
I saw that many here uses the 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and I would like to know if he just replaced every product sold to clean the lace.
Can you watch this link and tell me if this product is the alcohol fau me to clean my lace. site in France
http://www.distrimed.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_426&products_id=6653

Thank you I will not want me wrong and do damage

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - ToplaceUSA - 05-13-2010

French,
That stuff will work. It will take a little longer to do it's job than 91% because it's only 70%. You'll just have to leave in on a little longer. In the USA we used to buy 99% but it's become increasingly harder to find. I get 91% rubbing alcohol at my local drug store. It' takes a minute of less than the 99% to break down the adhesive. So I'm guessing that the 70% will take an additional minute or so to break down the glue or tape bond.
Regards,
John

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - mcat45 - 05-13-2010

(05-13-2010, 01:41 PM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: French,
That stuff will work. It will take a little longer to do it's job than 91% because it's only 70%. You'll just have to leave in on a little longer. In the USA we used to buy 99% but it's become increasingly harder to find. I get 91% rubbing alcohol at my local drug store. It' takes a minute of less than the 99% to break down the adhesive. So I'm guessing that the 70% will take an additional minute or so to break down the glue or tape bond.
Regards,
John

And does the 91% take the place of "Lace Release" ?? ... Im confused with the products a little..i never have worn lace before..

do you need Lace Release to initially release the system from the tape and glue... then a different glue remover to remove the tape and glue and extra residue from your head ???

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - Paul In Ireland - 05-13-2010

Yeah that`s about it --lace release to loosen /remove the hairpiece from your head, then the alcohol for the scalp clean-up. That`s what I do anyway.

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - french_hair - 05-13-2010

If I have understood I use a special solvent removed to lace my system and I am only isopropyl alcohol washed residue on my scalp?
Alcohol abyss He commend the hair and the lace of the system?
Thank you

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - mcat45 - 05-14-2010

I thought Lace Release was Alcohol ... ???

Can some one post some product names for initial release from scalp, then what is needed to remove the stuff from your head, and what is needed to remove residue from the system ??

Also if there are substitutions to be used....like just rubbing alcohol instead of _____ .

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - ToplaceUSA - 05-14-2010

Alchohol can be used in place of Lace Release to break the bond of either tape of glue. ---they're basically the same. And both can used for clean up too.

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - mcat45 - 05-14-2010

So technically all I need is Iso 91%....no need to buy lace release and an additional adhesive remover??

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - mcnash - 05-15-2010

mcat45, while alcohol will release the lace from tape/glue, I have found over time adhesive will accumulate in the hair side of the unit, a homegrown knot sealer, lol. It takes a while, but the hair at the base will become clumped together. You will need a citrus solvent or something different than alcohol to dissolve it. This can be done by soaking it off your head in a container, or on your head by soaking the unit where the tape/glue attachment is before detachment. I used to wrap a sweatband or bandana around my head and liberally douse my attachment area with citrus solvent for a half hour to dissolve the the adhesive as much as possible whenever the build-up needing dealing with. Alcohol is for quick release, and just neutralizes the adhesive.

RE: 70% Isopropyl Alcohol - ToplaceUSA - 05-15-2010

Leaving the unit on till the tape/glue accumulates might be a sign that you're leaving it on too long. I like to change the tape/glue while it's still firm and not 'gooey.' It makes it easier to get a clean removal. But mcnash has brought up a good point about the citrus based cleaner. That's another good item to have in your 'tool kit.' I use De-Sovle-It for an extra cleaning tool. You can get it in the home products sections of many stores. I get mine at Wal-Mart.
Regards,
John