Toplace USA
whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? (/showthread.php?tid=1669)

whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - slowly707 - 10-15-2008

??????? and how was the cleanup?

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - ToplaceUSA - 10-15-2008

I went for 2 weeks once. I normally change once a week but the hold was so good I let it go for 2 weeks---and could have gone longer but I needed to clean my scalp. Cleanup was easy. No mirror slide needed--all the adhesive came off the base nice and clean. That's the best thing about ST 30--it doesn't break down and get 'gooey' like other tapes.

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - devildan58 - 10-15-2008

I go 2 weeks, abit longer in the winter months, Easy cleanup no gooy mess.
Tony

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - Zappa - 10-16-2008

3 weeks. Was still not messy, but ideal is somewhere less than that ..a little past 2 weeks and no goo.

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - wiggy - 10-16-2008

Was the cleanup just peel off the lace, clean scalp then reapply?
Do you have to soak at all or mirror slide after 2 weeks?

Wiggy

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - wesb - 10-16-2008

I guess that some of us have unfortunate body chemistry. I used ST30 on an all lace system and after a week there was as much goo as blue tape. The tape itself does hold together, unlike blue which can melt down completely.

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - BA707 - 10-16-2008

I left a piece of it on 1 piece for 3 weeks, Peeled off no problem and clean up was a doddle.

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - slowly707 - 10-16-2008

I just did a new attachment today after a 17 day bond with st-30:

Some observations:
1. The actual tape itself peeled off with no problem
2. There was quite a bit of Goo left on the piece but a quick spray of pure all around the piece where the tape was and a mirror slide and your good.
3. For those who have a decent amount of real hair left when your hair grows underneath the bond is not as strong.

---
MO

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - Sester - 10-17-2008

I use st tape mostly.

I can get 6 weeks no probs.

Sam

Re: whats the longest any of you have used st-30 for? - emery - 10-20-2008

if you live in a cool dry area you can probably go 3+ weeks without problem - but then i dont want a dirty and stinky scalp to begin with

in a hot and humid area we can do probably 10-14 days at most... i have twice the thing fell off my head on day 16 -days 20 on my early days... lucky nobody was around otherwise it would have been disaster !!

since then i have been able to attach it much better and i still take it off every 14 days at most