Toplace USA
Re: Ask a question. - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Re: Ask a question. (/showthread.php?tid=1596)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Ask BA. - Bunglebonce - 05-22-2009

Thanks BA Big Grin My thoughts exactly!I was wondering BA, could you enable my private messaging so I could PM Spartan re a lift to coventry? Ive tried emailing but the computer won't let me:/ God I hate computers!!!!!!

Re: Ask BA. - BA707 - 05-23-2009

We dont have the PM function working on here fella, Post a message on the forum for him.

Re: Ask BA. - dougmm - 05-24-2009

BA,
just wondering what your recommendations are as a temporary replacement for st-30. walker no-shine or supertape. not worried about seeing tape at hairline (wearing a partial) and want a solid 3 week hold, if needed. Also, looking for easy clean up. do both of these tapes peel right off lace like st-30? ( i attach tape to unit, not my scalp)
thanks,
dougmm

Re: Ask BA. - BA707 - 05-25-2009

dougmm Wrote:BA,
just wondering what your recommendations are as a temporary replacement for st-30. walker no-shine or supertape. not worried about seeing tape at hairline (wearing a partial) and want a solid 3 week hold, if needed. Also, looking for easy clean up. do both of these tapes peel right off lace like st-30? ( i attach tape to unit, not my scalp)
thanks,
dougmm

Supertape just dont work well for me Doug dont like it one bit but some do, Walker no-shine everyday of the week over Supertape for me mate.

Re: Ask BA. - Spartan - 05-26-2009

Hey BA,

I don't have your email, I just wanted to ask again about the specs for the piece, would be ok to make the template bigger like we discussed at the convention. Also, for it to have some lift so its not too flat...as my own hair has alot of volume. With 70% at the front and 72% at the back, would that be ok or too low? Do you think I would need a wave? Do the knots come bleached? Sorry for the bombardment of questions, as this is the first piece from you, I will nail the specs down over time.

Kind regards,
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Re: Ask BA. - dougmm - 05-30-2009

BA,

Please "sign me up" for the Windsor convention in September. If you recall, last year I had to back out at the last minute because my old lady had an accident. I don't want to miss this one. I'll be driving from Buffalo via Ontario on the mourning of the convention. Is your address still the same?

dougmm

Re: Ask BA. - younglondonguy - 05-31-2009

Hey BA!

I don't have your email so I thought I'd contact you through this. I recently placed my first order (through Joanna from Forever Hair in London - she's been great) and I think the order was given to you by Joanna at the convention. She recommended a full swiss lace base. This is my first system and she said that you might want to speak to me about lace / thin skins as I want to have extended wear attachments. Is full swiss a good option for extended attachments? I don't really want to remove more than once a week - especially as Joanna is going to be doing it for me until I get the hang of it. Should I really be considering something with a thin skin perimeter? What will the best sort of glue be to use for extended attachments? Also, how strong is the attachment, do I have to worry about 'lace lift' and the thing coming off????

P

Re: Ask BA. - tokerjoker123 - 06-01-2009

Hi BA,
So I have never ordered or worn a system before and want to start. I only want to wear a system for my hairline as I have spent thousands of dollars of laser and natural treatments and do not want to put them to waste. My hairline has receded quite a bit and I want a normal hairline for someone my age of 18. From what I gather, the best way to do this is to buy a stock piece and have a pro cut it and place it for me. I live in toronto so I'd probably go to Emily seeing as everyone says she's the best (If she would cut it out for me. Do you know if she does that?). Just wondering how do I get the right colour? Do I send you some of my hair and you match it for me? How much would a stock piece cost? Is there a specific size? I just have no clue how to approach this. Any help would be amazing.

Thanks,
Joker

Re: Ask BA. - BA707 - 06-02-2009

younglondonguy Wrote:Hey BA!

I don't have your email so I thought I'd contact you through this. I recently placed my first order (through Joanna from Forever Hair in London - she's been great) and I think the order was given to you by Joanna at the convention. She recommended a full swiss lace base. This is my first system and she said that you might want to speak to me about lace / thin skins as I want to have extended wear attachments. Is full swiss a good option for extended attachments? I don't really want to remove more than once a week - especially as Joanna is going to be doing it for me until I get the hang of it. Should I really be considering something with a thin skin perimeter? What will the best sort of glue be to use for extended attachments? Also, how strong is the attachment, do I have to worry about 'lace lift' and the thing coming off????

P

Yes I got the order from Jo, Stay with it as Joanna will be doing your attachments, The glue is all try it and see what works best for you, You may get a little lace lift at the front that will need touching up every morning or every other morning or you may not get any, If you do the glue is easily appled by dipping a cocktail stick/ toothpick into the glue and just applying a little under were it as lifted, allowing it to dry then push the lace back down.

Re: Ask BA. - BA707 - 06-02-2009

tokerjoker123 Wrote:Hi BA,
So I have never ordered or worn a system before and want to start. I only want to wear a system for my hairline as I have spent thousands of dollars of laser and natural treatments and do not want to put them to waste. My hairline has receded quite a bit and I want a normal hairline for someone my age of 18. From what I gather, the best way to do this is to buy a stock piece and have a pro cut it and place it for me. I live in toronto so I'd probably go to Emily seeing as everyone says she's the best (If she would cut it out for me. Do you know if she does that?). Just wondering how do I get the right colour? Do I send you some of my hair and you match it for me? How much would a stock piece cost? Is there a specific size? I just have no clue how to approach this. Any help would be amazing.

Thanks,
Joker

Mate if you can come down to here in Windsor I can do all this for you and you will be on your merry way back upto Toronto within 2 hours smiling like a Cheshire cat.

E-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> and we can sort it.