Toplace USA
Knots & Fabric Dye Remover - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Knots & Fabric Dye Remover (/showthread.php?tid=1459)

Knots & Fabric Dye Remover - wantmorehair - 12-07-2008

I recently read that most hair pieces using human hair are colored using fabric dyes at the factories and in order to get the best results bleaching the knots, fabric dye remover should be applied to the knots prior to bleaching. This sounds intriguing to me as maybe less bleaching time would be needed with this method and if fabric dye remover is less harsh on hair then bleach, the life of the hair piece might possibly be prolonged with even better results then the traditional bleaching method. Has anyone ever done this?

Re: Knots & Fabric Dye Remover - DebbieS. - 12-07-2008

I've heard this same information also but have never confirmed it with anyone. It would be interesting to know. perhaps I will try it sometime and see for sure. (on an unusable unit of course.) Smile
DebbieS.

Re: Knots & Fabric Dye Remover - wantmorehair - 12-08-2008

DebbieS. Wrote:I've heard this same information also but have never confirmed it with anyone. It would be interesting to know. perhaps I will try it sometime and see for sure. (on an unusable unit of course.) Smile
DebbieS.

That would be great Debbie. I would love to hear how well it works.

Re: Knots & Fabric Dye Remover - dino - 12-08-2008

This question brings up a point that I've been wanting to make for a long time here. It would be SPECTACULAR if we could actually get someone associated with the factory to make an occasional appearance on this forum. I think many of us would love to ask questions about how the factory does certain things and how we could communicate our orders to best match our preferences of what we want in the final product. No other hair forum does this, to my knowledge, so I think it would be revolutionary. Toplace customers do, after all, represent a substantial amount of the factory's business. There is probably a representative who is fluent in English who could make at least an occasional appearnace here. John--could you look into this???

I'll give you just a few examples off the top of my head of how this would be so incredibly helpful.

-They could give us insights on how to bleach our own knots more effectively (in the event that they "forget" to do it.)
-They could tell us a little about the challenges they have in fulfilling certain customer orders, which might casue people to order in a different way.
-They could hear from us about our frustrations with the final products as well as about our great satisfaction with the final products.

Anybody agree?

Re: Knots & Fabric Dye Remover - wantmorehair - 12-09-2008

dino Wrote:This question brings up a point that I've been wanting to make for a long time here. It would be SPECTACULAR if we could actually get someone associated with the factory to make an occasional appearance on this forum. I think many of us would love to ask questions about how the factory does certain things and how we could communicate our orders to best match our preferences of what we want in the final product. No other hair forum does this, to my knowledge, so I think it would be revolutionary. Toplace customers do, after all, represent a substantial amount of the factory's business. There is probably a representative who is fluent in English who could make at least an occasional appearnace here. John--could you look into this???

I'll give you just a few examples off the top of my head of how this would be so incredibly helpful.

-They could give us insights on how to bleach our own knots more effectively (in the event that they "forget" to do it.)
-They could tell us a little about the challenges they have in fulfilling certain customer orders, which might casue people to order in a different way.
-They could hear from us about our frustrations with the final products as well as about our great satisfaction with the final products.

Anybody agree?

I think that is a great idea. As far as I'm concerned Toplace and their customers would have so much to gain it should really be a no brainer. :geek: Excellent idea Dino! I am suprised no one as thought of this before.