Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women want men with hair
04-01-2009, 08:59 AM,
Women want men with hair
I ran across this article and thought I'd post it on the forum.
Regards,
John

As if we didn’t already know this, apparently women searching for love on the net are five times more likely to go for the guys with good hair than for those who are losing it, a recent study revealed.

The UK hair company conducted an interesting social experiment that helps to solidify the notion that hair does matter to women looking for Mr. Right, or “Mr. Right now.”
The Two month experiment entailed posting two profiles on various well known internet dating sites. The pictures were identical images of the same man, accept one image was photoshopped to make the guy appearance have a receding hairline.

Both profiles were identical as well, stating that this 30 year old male was a professional living in London with interests in music, travel and athletics.

The profile with the full head of hair pulled 108 responses while the balding twin profile received 22 responses. One thing that wasn’t noted in the experiment was the attractiveness level of the women who responded to either profile.
While this is far from an scientific study, this experiment does point to the depressing fact, that in our world, with all things being equal “hair does matter.”
04-01-2009, 09:40 AM,
Re: Women want men with hair
I would tend to agree with this, but also realize that we're talking online dating where it's well-known that people just scan photos and other personality, etc. factors that certainly would come into play to some extent in person are not involved. This creates a slight flaw in generalizing the results.

I would make it slightly more generic saying that "looks, appearance, and overall grooming" matter. But the hair is a big factor in this because while some guys can look great with a shaved or close-cut look, others aren't as lucky.

Fortunately for us, if you've got the piece wearing down and are really making it work well-- most women don't have a problem with it.
04-01-2009, 10:06 AM,
Seems to confirm what many of us have already experienced from our before and after status! Hair Matters....
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM,
What rubbish. Far from scientific? I'd say that's an understatement.

First of all, if just looking at photos of course the guy with more hair will get more responses/looks. That's like showing a nice set of boobs in a profile (in full glorious view) vs. a woman with small ones, all else being equal. It's one physical thing among MANY. And, yes, nice boobs are attractive, no doubt about it. But this doesn't take into consideration things, like, i dunno, real life! No one makes a decision on a mate based on their hair, and we all know attraction can fluctuate wildly once you get to know the person. If you can tap into that x factor, hair or no hair, you got her. A guy with a bald head who is totally confident in who he is, and commands respect because of it, will never have trouble landing a woman. You see bald guys with hot chicks all the time. I don't buy it. I'm not saying hair isn't important, it is to a certain extent, but mostly it's because the guys losing their hair simply don't have the confidence and they become shy and retiring and THAT'S what turns chicks off. The key is confidence, not hair. And yes, you cant be confident without hair.

To each their own but this study is about as useful as a gov't bailout.
04-02-2009, 03:58 PM,
These 'studies' really don't prove much. Getting out in the real world and finding out what all sorts of different women want is key. I've learned that a lot of women like guys with shaved heads if balding and not many of them want a guy with a hairpiece. Maybe they have a misconception of the modern hairpiece?

I dropped the hairpiece a while ago and have really had much more success than when I had it. I think it shows them a lot of inner strength and confidence. Women really like that the most as I've learned. This is just from my experience as I'm sure someone with a hairpiece can mirror my comments. We're all different and desire certain looks, I just prefer to have the most simple image as possible.
04-02-2009, 10:26 PM,
Hey guys I don't mean to blow your posts...Women want money>>> power and who can provide it....Whether you have hair or not...I agree with most of the posts on this subject...but let me tell you...Your hair doesn't mean Crap to them...If they feel you are confident...have some pull...a good job and money that's what they want and what it can give them...it gives then confidene...don't even kid yourselves...I have been in the reall world...and You will find out the same Thing...I have been a rock star...a radio personality...but the bottom line is wealth...money and an opportunity to exploit themselves because of you...call me hardcore I have seen it in every venue...take a look at all the nerds you have seen with money get the girl of YOUR dreams...Being handsome...with Great hair...wonderful personality...,got the world by the ass!!!...They will take the money and run away from you...Mr. good looking....I hope my views are not or seem not to be negative...but you have to get in the mainstream to see the fish...Cheers
04-03-2009, 03:29 AM,
Wheels,
Well. for all of us 'Regular Joes' out there that are not handsome, have no money and no power----having hair sure is nice.
Regards,
John
04-03-2009, 05:55 AM,
John...I wasn't trying to downplay anyone like the average Joe from your reference...You missed the point...The post started with What women want...cheers
04-03-2009, 07:37 AM,
I think what people need to realize is that our defects are a bad thing to have. It filters out the women that are into you for you! I'm happy to be bald and happy that I don't make a huge amount of money. I've lived the rockstar lifestyle too and have learned that women just want something a little different.

Touring the country in a band, I've met many beautiful women and learned that the best ones want something unique. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I just know the secret, who knows. My buddy who is 24 has heavy hairloss and seriously, no joke at all...has the most jaw-dropping girl as his faithful companion. He doesn't make much money, yet he is just an all around good guy with a good sense of humor. When I see that, it just gives me more confidence for who I am.
04-03-2009, 07:57 AM,
I feel the need to post on this one. My father who was much older and thus wiser than I use to say, "there's a lid for every pot". Very simply stated love is out there for the rich, poor, famous, unknown, bald and hairy. As John posted that most women in that study preferred men with hair, he can't be beaten up for that. Most men, if asked, would say that they want a woman with a killer body; but you know what? that is just the best case scenario or the icing on the cake. It is merely at the top of our wish list. If we meet someone and everything clicks, we overlook the less than airbrushed perfect silicone body for a great person that fills all (or most) of our real needs. Most women do the same. We can't always fault women for wandering off to the rich and generous, when sometimes we have set the bait for exactly that type of woman. I know women that rejected the rich guy for the handsome guy or even for the making ends meet bald guy. Confidence is what most women are truly attracted to and for some,the hair helps, for others the money helps...or even clothes. Acceptance and rejection are both pretty big puzzles and the missing piece is usually a lot more than hair on our heads. Thanks for opening up the conversation John,

Zap